Girls Night

I was sitting at a bar with some of my friends,  we were having a "girls night"  as Emma put it, but I hadn't really wanted to come.  For one I couldn't drink alcohol because I was three months pregnant, but my friends didn't know that yet.  To be honest the only reason I went was because my friends wouldn't stop nagging me. I figured that my friends would find out about my pregnancy tonight due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to order my usual drink. I don't drink that much, but I usually do when I spend time with my friends like this, so I figured it wouldn't be long before one of them figured it out.

It was still too early in my pregnancy for them to be able to tell by looking at me, since my baby bump was still small enough that it could be overlooked, or I could conceal it with my clothes. The only way you would be able to tell by looking at me was if you already knew I was pregnant.

Just like I expected when I ordered my drink my friend Emma asked "Why'd you order that?"  But before I could answer she figured it out. If we were in a cartoon a lightbulb would have appeared over her head.

She asked,  "Wait are you pregnant?"

All my friends looked at me waiting for my answer, I just nodded in response. They all congratulated me.

Emma said, "Wow things must be going well between you and your boyfriend."

That one statement made all the sadness from his leaving crash down on me all over again. I know that Emma hadn't said it to upset me, but nonetheless I had to fight back tears.

In response to her statement I said, "yeah just fine."

Megan said, "Has anyone told you that you are a terrible liar?"

I blushed slightly embarrassed.

"What happened?" Sarah asked, "You seemed so happy with him."

I said, "I was happy with him. He was the man of my dreams, we shared the same interests, he was kind handsome, caring, Loyal, and so much more."

I was still fighting off tears.

Emma asked, "Did he cheat on you?"

I shook my head unable to speak.

"He left you didn't he?" Sarah asked.

I could only nod in response. Most of my friends looked very annoyed by that news, but my best friend Sarah looked like she was just about ready to hunt him down and murder him.Obviously even if she really wanted to she wouldn't be able to.

Jasmine asked, "Are you going to keep the baby?"

I replied, "Of course, I don't believe in abortions, and I don't want to put the baby up for adoption either." They nodded.

Megan asked, "do you have any idea what you are going to name the baby?"

I told them the names that Percy had suggested.

Sarah said, "Are you really going to use names that he suggested?"

she still sounded angry. She was my best friend, she was still angry that Percy had hurt me, but she doesn't know the truth. She couldn't know that Percy had left to protect me and our child. I knew that Percy and I loved each other more than anything, and that he wouldn't have left if he had a choice.

in response to Sarah's comment I snapped, "Yes I am considering those names, they are nice names, and I haven't come up with anything I like better. If you come up with anything better feel free to tell me!"

I was harsher with her than I would normally be, but she was making Percy sound like a complete jerk. That and it might be my pregnancy affecting my emotions. I managed to survive that night, since I had agreed to drive them home I couldn't leave early, but I did wish that I hadn't gone to that girl's night, since all it did was remind me how much I missed Percy.