Toddlers

Percy's Point of view

It had only been a month since they were born, but our daughters had gone from helpless infants to toddlers. I knew I was happy with how things have turned out, I knew Ihat I alwayswanted to find the right girl, get married, have kids, basically everything that a lot of people want. Back when I was a demigod I began to doubt if I would get that chance after Annabeth left me my doubt only increased, but then I met Amber and realized she was the one I was supposed to be with. 

Now I have all the things I wanted, I just didn't get them the way I had originaly expected. We may have done things out of order, but now I have what I wanted for a really long time, I have a wife who I love more than anything, and children who are the most important people to me. Now I have a family.

 Amber and I sat on a couch, the twins were playing in another room, I had an arm wrapped around Amber holding her close to me. Amber looked at me and said, "You know back when I had Luke I always suspected that you would have been an amazing father if you had stayed. Now I know I was right."

I smiled at her and said, "I'm just doing my best, after all, I'm used to dealing with teenagers."

"And gods who act like teenagers," she replies jokingly and I can't help but laugh.

I replied, "Some days they act less mature than teenagers."

Amber nodded in agreement before saying, "Regardless, you've been an amazing father to the twins and just as good with Luke since he learned the truth about you." I responded with a kiss, but we separated when  we heard something break in the room the twins were in.

I said, Guess we'd better find out what they broke."

Amber nodded and reluctantly rose from her seat. I did the same and we both went to find out what the twins were up to.