Twins

Percy's point of view
I woke up one morning to find Amber already awake.   Her hand was resting on her abdomen. Even though she didn't appear to be in pain I asked,
"Are you alright?"
She replied, "Yes I'm fine, they're just kicking."

I was slightly surprised, but I was pleased that there was nothing wrong.
She took my hand and set it on her stomach, only moments afterward I felt it too as one of the twins kicked again. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face.
After Annabeth left me I never thought I'd get the chance to experience this. Even after I met Amber and later learned that she was pregnant   I knew I wouldn't get that chance, after all, I wasn't able to stay with her.  

Now though I don't know if I could be happier, we have Luke, we are finally married, and now we are expecting twins.  I think that the only thing that could make things better, would be if Christina was still here with us, but as much as it still hurts I know she is happy where she is.

A few days later  I stood by Amber's side as she laid on a bed in one of the rooms in our undersea palace while a neired was about to help her as she gave birth to our twins.  The neired knew what she was doing, but we would call Apollo if any problems occurred. I held Amber's hand as she suffered through the obviously painful contractions.

I did what I could to support and encourage her, but there wasn't much I could do. I felt bad for having left her to go through having Luke on her own, but at least I was here for her now. I tried not to grimace as her grip on my hand tightened to the point where it was painful, but it was obvious that right then she had it worse than me. Her pained screams and tight grip on my hand made that clear. 

after a while, she was able to start pushing, and before long The neired said that she could see the first baby's head. Not long after that, I heard the neired say, "It's a girl."

That news brought a smile to my face, I had kind of been hoping for a girl, but I would have been happy no matter what they were. now we were left to wonder if they were fraternal twins, or identical.  The neired passed our little girl to Amber, and after getting a good look at her Amber passed her to me. Moments after that Amber had to go through it all over again with the second twin who also was a girl. 

When it was all over I said to Amber, "You did it."

She replied, "It was easier this time since I had you here."

After giving her a quick peck on the lips I said, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you last time."

She replied, "It's okay I understand."

I held one of the twins while Amber held the other one.

Looking at the baby girl she held in her arms Amber said, "They're beautiful aren't they?"

Smiling at Amber I replied, "Yes just like their mother."

My comment caused Amber to blush a bit, but she soon asked me, "what should we name them?"

I replied, " I suggested Luke's name, you choose one."

She thought for a minute before saying, "Emily," while looking down at our daughter in her arms.
She said, "You can name her," looking at the girl I held in my arms.

"Zoë," I said after a moment's thought.
Amber nodded, she knows about my past, so she understood what made me want to call her that. Amber knows basically everything about me now, she even knows about Tartarus since she had insisted that I tell her. I knew basically everything about her too since we decided that there wouldn't be any secrets between us.

Several hours later after I let them know, my parents showed up to see the twins. Amber was resting so I was watching the twins. I handed Zoë to my Mom and Emily to my dad. They smiled at them and asked me their names.
While Luke looked more like me, the twins look like a combination of me and Amber. For instance, they got my black hair and Amber's blue eyes.   The twins were much like mortal babies then, but I knew they wouldn't stay that way for long and eventually they would be able to change their appearance if they wanted to.