42.Blue Lights

Malia's POV 

I looked at Damien and he scurried to hide his gun and Aison picked me up running out to the back door. Damien and Aison exchanged some weird hand signs and Damien cleaned his face hearing the doors slam and buttoned his shirt high and low.

I closed my eyes and clinged to Aison in hopes that we could make it outside without being seen. The front doors which were left ajar were now fully open by the police , Damien was wiping the blood off the side of his mouth and onto his shorts and cleared his throat .

"We received noise complaints from your neighbours and one reported the sound of a gun shot" The police officer voice was assertive and he put his hand on his belt as he spoke while his partner looked around.

"Yes , I had a little falling out with my wife that's all , and the gunshot that was heard wasn't on purpose , it fell. Also , it is registered , just to keep my family safe" Damien spoke

"Your wife?Where is your wife?" The police officer asked as he folded his arms

I moved from Aison's grip and stood up moving the hair from my face , and opened the door. All eyes were on me as I sashayed into the living room. 

"M'am why were you outside?" The police looked at me as he raised an eyebrow

" I had to cool off , the yelling was unbearable and I don't need that kind of stress when I'm pregnant" I spoke and placed my hand on my stomach

The other police officer looked me up and down and then looked at Damien , "Sir , did she harm you in any way? Was she violent? She looks like the type to be violent and loud"

Oh I see the kind of police officer I'm dealing with now , Damien squinted his eyes at the police officer and spoke before I could , " Do you see the size of her and the size of me....she couldn't harm me if she wanted to and she couldn't hurt me....physically that is . I don't know what the fvck you're trying to insinuate about my wife but I suggest you shut the fvck up before I report your ass for racially profiling my wife and the 'type' you speak of...a woman? "

"Sir no need to be hostile , reports were made and calls were made , I'm not insinuating anything but those kind of people are known for such loud violent disturbances" The tall bald-headed  guy spoke again.

Damien wrapped his arm around my waist bringing me to his side and cleared his throat again ,

"I suggest that you leave my compound....unless you have a warrant or a crime was committed..clearly you have proof of either so leave"

I looked up at him seeing the vein in his neck surface everytime he spoke , I rubbed circles on his hand with my thumb , knowing it would calm him down.

The officer who's name tag showed "Mark" looked between us and asked "Who's car is that in the driveway? The driver's door was left open"

"It's mines"

"You should get a better and safer car m'am especially if your pregnant , those aren't safe" I smiled at his words and nodded

" I would officer , thank you for your concern" He smiled at me , but the other officer kept a fixed gaze on me , so I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Keep down the noise folks , you're not the only ones around" Damien nodded , his neighbors weren't that close to him so I really didn't see the issue.

As they left and the blue lights came back on and faded as they weren't in sight anymore , I sighed deeply and Aison opened the door coming to the living room with red eyes and looked at me . I didn't realize Damien arm was still wrapped around me , so I moved it and began walking over to him , he put up his hand as a mean to stop me and I ran my hand through my hair.

"I have to drop you home Aison , you're drunk and in no condition to drive.." I spoke softly

His gave moved from me and onto Damien's , looking at him in disgust and shook his head as he walked slowly towards the doors.

"Drive safe Malia , message me when you're home.." Damien spoke

"No she will not" Aison responded as I was about to say something

I put my hand up to tell Damien to not speak and wiped my eyes as I grabbed the car keys and followed Aison out the door. 

I climbed into the drivers side carefully as I started the car and Aison slammed the passenger's door loudly making me roll my eyes and closed the door , pulling off from infront of Damien's driveway

"Don't fvcking roll your god damn eyes at me" Aison spoke , his whiskey breath was strong making me block my nose slightly and coughed.

" Just shut up and close your mouth until we reach home"

"Is the baby even mines?" He spoke softly as tears stained his cheeks , was he crying?

"Of course it is Aison.."

"I'm sorry that happened between you and that police officer , he was out of line and ignorant , I wanted to come out and slam his head against the crystal glass table.." He went on

"And end up in jail right?" I shook my head as I made my way onto the high way.

"Malia..."

I wiped my eyes and continued driving

Hiiiii guys , I know it's been a whileeeee

More updates soon , thank you for the 15k plus reads !!! I am so appreciative and thankful for all of the support.