2. Holding On

~YaunaBear

"Ah, perfetto. Alejandro! Lasciare che questo secco quindi portarlo verso la parte anteriore e appenderlo con il resto delle pitture per spettacolo di domani. (Ah, perfect. Alejandro! Let this dry and then bring it to the front and hang it with the rest of the paintings for the show tomorrow)" I wiped my oil paint covered hands on the drying towel that hung from my overall pocket.

I looked at the canvas that stood before me in reverence, I've painted many things in my life but this, this is something that reaches into my soul and shines it's true colors as it seems to lurch from the canvas for one to recognize it's true beauty. Something so beautiful that I can not seem to resist the idea to show it at tomorrow's show.

Alejandro nodded then made his way over to his camera to take a picture of the blissful elegance that was painted by none other than me. I sighed in content then made may way to my studio office.

Once I was in my office I walked over to my closet and changed into my white wife beater, worn out leather jacket, my ripped blue jeans, and my black chelsea boots. I sat down at my desk, grabbed my tablet, and looked over last month's revenue for last month's art showing.

2.5 Billion was last month's total from all the paintings sold. I nodded briefly then closed the cover to my tablet. I pressed the inercom and asked for my assistant, Olessia.

About two minutes later she came tumbling into the room with a dozen manila folders wedged between her arms, some falling to the floor. I smirked at her predicament then got up to help with the fallen folders.

"Grazie Mr. Kadmus" She praised as I collected the folders in my hand, keeping them.

"In qualsiasi momento Olessia, hai l'elenco delle pitture e carte per loro che ho chiesto?(Anytime Olessia, do you have the list of the paintings and the cards to them like I asked?)" I asked, over looking the folders.

She rushed to hand me the rest and pushed up her horn rimmed glasses. "Certo signore, come hai chiesto. Tutte le cartelle hanno le carte corrette e letture insieme a loro.(Of course Sir, like you asked. All folders have the correct cards and readings with them.)" She fumbled with the hem of her ruffled shirt and huffed.

I nodded then waved my hand; signaling that I'm no longer in need of her presence.

It's been a long couple of years, but I'm here, as my late wife would say "Farlo, e vi sentirete inarrestabile" I guess one could say that I feel 'unstoppable' but I'm missing that one thing, that one person. My beloved Caitriona, my life, my love. I still remember how she died, how I reacted when I got the news during a meeting at my old job, seeing her laying in that God for saken hospital bed barely breathing.

I sighed and ran my hands down my face. I still remember her last dying words.

"Σε αγαπώ"

A few weeks after the incident I started going crazy. Drinking recklessly, destroying my home, breaking everything in sight. I accidently broke her bed side drawers, and that's when I found a letter from her to me.

"Αν είστε ανάγνωση αυτό που σημαίνει ότι έχουν περάσει. Λυπάμαι για το γεγονός αυτό συνέβη Asion, πώς συνέβη. Θέλω μόνο να ξέρεις ότι σε αγαπώ, και είμαι βέβαιος ότι έζησα τη ζωή μου στο έπακρο.Μην
αφήσετε αυτό... επιτρέψτε μου να σας κρατήσει πίσω, κάνεις αυτό που αγαπάς. Ακολουθήστε το όνειρο σας έχουμε χαράξει δεδομένου ότι συναντηθήκαμε. Ais θα πρέπει να προχωρήσουμε, να βρούμε μια άλλη και να είναι ευτυχισμένος. Αλλά δεν έχει σημασία τι, ποτέ δεν ξεχνάμε." ("If you're reading this that means I have passed too soon. I'm sorry this happened Aison, or how it happened. I just want you to know that I love you, and I'm sure that I lived my life to the fullest. Don't let this ... Let me hold you back, do what you love. Follow the dream you've had since we met. Ais I need you to move on, to find another and be happy. But no matter what, never forget.)

I remember bawling like a baby, a bottle of Bourbon in my lap. I blinked a few times to stop the tears from falling then started to look over the folders and cards.

After 30 minutes of reading the cards I called Alejandro in to place the cards in the correct slots. Right as I was about to leave my office I got a call from my brother, Renzo.

"Hey Bro!" Renzo yelled into the phone making me wince. I chuckled and put him on my bluetooth, putting on my earpiece.

"Ciao Renzo, how's New York?" I asked as I walked to the parking garage.

"Oh Ais, there are so many beautiful donne here its driving me pazzo" I could practically hear his eyes roll and laughed.

"Good to know that my brother has many distractions while there" I opened the door to my dark blue Audi 2016.

I heard commotion in the background before the line went dead. I shook my head before taking the ear piece out and continuing my way home.

Maiale

*^*^*^*^*^*^
Pazzo - Crazy

Donne - Women

Ciao - Hello

Σε αγαπώ - I love you

Maiale - Pig

Grazie - Thank you