5. Italian Touchdown

Malia's POV

I'm still not talking to Jeneil , I thought we were friends and told each other everything. We approached this beautiful hotel with engraved angels and as we stepped into the lobby , a replica of the Mona Lisa was plastered on the wall . Lights  hung from the ceiling and glowed dimly .The hotel was so warm and radiant.

Jeneil checked us in and I waited on her
" Our suitcases will be in the room Malia " She said staring down at her phone.

I nodded and entered the elevator and it blasted opera.

An hour later

Our room is magnificent the ceilings are high and champagne adorned the table , I need a few glasses to deal with. Jeneil.

We were ready now and I must say I looked exquisite and Jeneil looked really pretty too we took our phones and clutches then made our way to the elevator and silence engulfed us once more .

"I'm sorry " We spoke at the same time and smiled

" I'm sorry for not telling you Mali it's just that I know how you are sometimes about certain men I date "

" Jeneil , No I'm against the manwhôres you call boyfriends there is a difference " I said

" He's different ,  believe me"

" Alright , once your happy love " I hugged her and smiled

The elevator finally stopped and we exited , all eyes were on us. Yeah I know, I look good nothing new.
The driver was at the entrance of the building , an old caucasian man with salt and pepper hair greeted us with a smile.

He opened the door for us as we left the hotel and we slid into the limo
" This art gallery better have some alcohol Jeneil " I said seriously

" Could you ever put down a wine glass?" She said in disgust

" I solemnly swear I'm up to no good " I smirked

At the Art Gallery

"Now , keep all your mean comments to yourself Malia" she said to me , All I did was nod because I'm sure gonna see criss-cross lines and a splash of color and everyone praising  something a baby could do .

We came out the limo and headed into the gallery and everyone had champagne in their hands talking among theirselves staring at the most morbid  pieces I have ever seen what is with all of the red?

" I'm going to watch some sculptures " Jeneil said

" That's nice" I faked a smile

" Fake høe "She mumbled

" But I'm your fake høe " I sent her a kiss as she walked off

A waiter was passing with a tray of champagne , I grabbed one and sipped slowly , to the corner of my eye I noticed a man alone with beat up shoes and torn clothes , was he a janitor of some sort ? I turned around and tried to act like I wanted to be here until I felt someone bump me , the audacity.
" Eh! Seriously watch where you're going dumbass. It's not that hard to keep you're eyes open!" I exclaimed looking at the vagabond that stood before me.

He stared at me , " My apologies Sputare Fuoco, maybe I should watch where I'm going, but you should definitely watch that tone" He said innocently

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to!  Do you know who the fūck I am, I can get you fired!" I placed my hands on my waist as I spoke.

"Good luck with that Sputare Fuoco. And again, watch your tone with me" He said looking down at me.

"Oh hell no! Where's your manager, or boss, or who the hell ever!? I've never encountered a janitor as rude and disrespectful like you in my entire life!" I semi-yelled

He walked back up to me until He was right in front of me ,his chest lightly touching mine . I could feel his broad chest through his overalls . He brought his lips close to my ear.

"You're looking at him" He slowly pulled back and watched me .

I have never felt this embarrassed in my life! That's it no more alcohol. I spotted Jeneil chatting with a lady , I just made my way out of the gallery as I felt his gaze fixed on me , I felt uneasy and was in a sudden need of a cold shower . I've never felt this way since Damien , that bastard .

1 Hour Later

As I sat in the limo patiently awaiting Jeneil's arrival , I couldn't believe that I was so quick to judge and jump to conclusions . I have to go back tomorrow I have to apologize . My thoughts were disturbed by the opening and closing of a door and I looked up seeing a smiling Jeneil.

" I have to go back tomorrow Jeneil "

" I thought you hated 'baby work' Mali " She said

" I'm such a bītch Jeni , I called the owner of the Art gallery a janitor " I slowly mumbled

" MALIA STOP JUDGING PEOPLE FROM FIRST GLANCE! " She semi-yelled at me

I nodded looking out the window

" You are so lucky he didn't have you thrown out of the gallery " She spoke once more

" I get it , I'm going tomorrow " I spoke once more and let the silence engulf us during our ride back to the hotel.

<Sputare Fuoco > Spit Fire