10. Gala (Part 1)

~Yauna

Aison's P.O.V

I stood in my body length mirror as my personal Tailor, Simeon, tailored my suit for the Gala tonight. I tilted my head in appreciation as I stared at the dark blue suit. Underneath was a creme dress shirt along with it was a black tie with a silver tip at the end. I must admit; I look pretty sharp.

"Alright Mr. Kadmus your suit is finished, complete and ready for tonight" Simeon spoke in his thick Russian accent. I thanked him then gave my suit jacket a small tug and adjusted my tie.

To be honest, I had no intention of going to the Gala even though my pieces were going to be presented there, but when I found out that the Gala was in the honor of Miss Sputare Fuoco herself I knew I had to be there. I couldn't put my finger on it but it's something about that girl that intrigues me.

With only ten minutes left until the car was here; I go to my closet and grab my sliver and black watch and my black and silver Ray Ban Clubmaster's.

"L'auto è pronto Sir" Alejandro spoke from the door way of my bedroom.

I nodded in thanks, grabbed my phone and wallet, then we proceeded to make our way to the car.

When we arrived out side I nodded in thanks to driver, Christianos,for opening the door and he nodded back before closing the door back after I was fully in the car. Alejandro got in on the other side of the vehicle and we were off.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

When we arrived at the Gala I could honestly say that I was amazed. It was being hosted at one of the most amazing and breath taking places in Italy; Hilton Giardini Naxos Hotel. The place looked a bit different though, the furniture was different. The Gala was being hosted in one of the ballrooms that they have at the very top.

There were people already here with champagne in their hands, conversing with one another. Some seemed to be in deep conversations were as others seem to be just catching up.

I searched the substantial room for the woman of the evening.

Once I didn't see her figure in sight I decided to be a wallflower, considering that no one knew who I was; or more what I looked like. Some people stared at me in thought others just side glanced me.

That is until a perky blonde in all gold approached me.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but I've never seen you at any of the Gala's or gatherings" Her American accent was very different from the other ones that I've heard, it sounded....weird.

"Well I-" I was cut off by the voice I've been trying to search for, for over fifteen minutes.

"I'm sorry that I'm late Mrs. Martin, Mr. Kadmus" I looked at the flushed Sputare Fuoco in relief. I really didn't want to associate with this woman, or any other being at this Gala besides the mocha beauty in front of me.

"Oh its quite alright darlin'" The woman with the weird accent, Mrs. Martin, gave Malia a fake smile which she returned of course.

"Your country twang never ceases to amaze me ever since we meet Holly" Something about what Malia said to Holly apperently rubbed her the wrong way and she took off with a 'hmpf'.

"Mr. Kadmus" Malia turned towards me with what looked like a real genuine smile.

I returned the smile with just as much sincerity. "Ms. Rose" I stretched my hand out, willing it for her to take. She took my hand and I kissed her hand.

"I'm glad you could make it, after all your pieces are here and on display." She stared at one of pieces that I recently did. It's simply just a reworked version of Jacques Louis Dubois's Of Goddess Hebe from 1768. All these paintings in this room are ones that I did when I got bored; those of significance were in my museum safely locked away from the world for now.

"Ahh of course I would come, it would be terribly rude if I didn't" She was about to say something before a petite woman made a speech then called her name.

"Now presenting, woman of the evening, Malia Rose!" The crowd cheered and raised their glasses. She gave me one last look telling me that well talk later before walking into the crowd on onto the stage.

Later it is Ms. Rose, after all you're the reason I came in the first place.