18. Love or Lust

Damien's POV

I woke up to a white room , a blank canvas . The sound of beeping machines invaded the silence , My eyes struggled to stay open . But my body ached so much , I looked down to see my foot in a cast and tubes sticking out of my hand , IV.

I attempted to reach the buzzer to press it , such a draining task but I got it . A nurse rushed in along with 2 doctors and my mother , Mrs . Heather Howden Lee . The doctor introduced himself as Mr. Marrón , and the other doctor Ms. Dee . They assessed me and looked at my foot and took the breathing tube off of me .

" Mr . Lee , you are very lucky to be alive . If that truck was driving any faster you would have been a goner " . Mr . Marrón spoke he gained nods from the other staff .

I heard a sudden arguement being carried on outside of my door and yelling accentuated with some colorful language . It sounded like Malia's voice , looking at the entrance of my door yet again dismissing the conversation my mother and the doctor were having .

" Bitch , I am his family . Get out of my way ! " Malia shouted

" Let her in , that's my daughter -in law . " My mother spoke up

Malia stepped in looking gorgeous , her curves were showing . Mr. Marrón was staring too hard for my part , he needs to chill .

" Oh my God , damien are you okay ? Please tell me you're okay. " She whispered softly before playing in my hair making me close my eyes .

" He is fine for now sweetie , he will have to stay in the hospital for two weeks " Mr. Marrón said .

" Oh..... " She wiped the base of her eyes and blinked rapidly .

Damn , I caused her so much pain already . I don't wanna see her in tears anymore because of me .

Malia's POV

I felt terrible that I left Aison like that , I'll have to call him later . I went back home thanks to Alfred to shower really quickly and throw on some clothes before I took my Rolls Royce and made my way to the hospital . Upon arrival , I was steppig in , gaining some hoot from the " cat-callers " nearby . I entered the hospital and was greeted by a nurse with blonde hair and blue eyes . Italy has such a wide variety , it's rather strange now .

" Damien Lee " I said as I took out my phone

" What's your relationship with Mr. Lee ? " This heifer had the nerve to reply like that .

I took a deep breath before speaking , " He's my husband "

" Oh really ? I wish he was my husband too. " She replied

" What's his room number ? "

"321 , but you can't go in "

Before I lost it and take it out on this tucan looking heifer let me go to see him , I walked down the hall but blondie came running behind me. I kept on walking until I reached room 321.

" Your not his family m'am ! " She yelled

" Bitch I am his family ! Get out of my way " I shouted at her

When I stood at the entrance and walked in my heart broke , he was hooked up to machines and doctors surrounded him .

" Fuck nicholas why did you have to get hurt ? " I mumbled to myself

My entrance brough silence and everyone stared at me . I reached to his bed side and ran my hand through his curly hair and passed my hand across his jawline , he needs to shave . He stared at me intently , I blinked rapidly looking up trying not to let the tears slip .

"Oh my God , damien are you okay ? Please tell me you're okay. " I said as I continued to play in his hair .

The male doctor spoke up looking at me from head to toe , as he fixed his coat .

"He is fine for now sweetie , he will have to stay in the hospital for two weeks "

" Oh..." I wiped the base of my eyes , looks like my trip in Italy has been extended a bit.

"So that is your husband ? " He asked

Is this man serious right now ? I didn't know how to answer and everyone was staring at me but a voice broke it.

" Yes....she is my wife " Damien spoke

Everyone looked at him , I don't know what we are anymore and I don't wanna make Ms. Howden too excited .

" We can give you all some time alone " Ms. Howden spoke before pushing everyone out the room , she is so bold .

After the door closed , Damien began to speak weakly while holding my hands .

" I'm in love with you Malia, I never stopped . I know I made mistakes , and My heart feels so empty without you . I was a terrible husband , I know you hate me because of my unfaithful ways . But I love you , I wouldn't have all this money if it wasn't for your support and constant love . Please don't give up on us "

I just stared at him in awe , he really means that ? I need time to think about this .
My phone began to ring , it was a skype call from Aison . I answered it ,

" Cara mia , where are you ? You forgot these " He held my thong in his hand looking at me.

" Aison , I'm in the hospital with a friend . I'll talk to you later I promise " I spoke

He just stared at me intently , I just looked down at my lap .

" Why must you lie to me mia moglie ? " His italian accent sent chills down my spine .

He ended the call and I switched my phone off and turned back to Damien who had a sad face .

" Where did you meet him ?"

" What are you talking about ? He did some buisness deal with me for his paintings at my gala " Well that was the truth , well a bit ot the truth.

" Okay Malia , but just think about it please ? "

" Okay Mr.Lee "

He smiled and closed his eyes , I just sat there in the silence thinking about anything and everything.