The Fiancé Experience 2.0

Katy's POV:

"Sooo, what are we doing today?" Camila asks after the two of us get in my car. "You'll see." I tell her while smiling at her. I'm taking her horseback riding at Connemara Ranch in Malibu. "It's gonna be about an hour drive with traffic and stuff. I can always serenade you again with Tay Tay." I say making Camila laugh. "Why do you just serenade me with whatever's on the radio right now." Camila says turning the volume up.

"And now from their newest album Remedy, this is Without You by JMKO."

"Fuck no." I say changing the station. "What did you do that for?" Camila asks defensively. Lord she's about to throw down it seems. "I hate JMKO. They're annoying." "Well I don't! And that just so happened to be my favorite song from their new album." Camila says turning the radio back to the previous station. She turns the radio up even louder now as the chorus starts. She sings along with it.

I don't want to fall asleep without you
I don't want to take one breath without you
I don't even know one thing about you
But give me everything about you
It's only been a moment, it's true
But I could never live this life without you

She stops singing and just looks at me as my part of the song begins playing. "What?" I ask looking at her for a second before going back to the road. "I'm waiting for you to sing your part." She says making me roll my eyes. I don't know why, but I just don't like hearing myself sing. It just makes it even worse to sing along with myself. Is that weird?

"I'd rather not." "Are you really gonna deny your fiancé?" Camila smirks at me while crossing her arms. "Fine, you win. But only because my favorite part is coming up."

Yeah, we could run this back one million times
But it's no use
I'll keep falling too fast
Why do I only want what I don't have? Like

Camila and I both sing together for the rest of the song now. "Still hate JMKO?" Camila asks making me chuckle. "They're a lot easier to tolerate when you're singing their songs." I say making Camila blush. For the rest of the drive, the two of us talk about anything and everything, while occasionally singing along to whatever song was on the radio. So far, we've done a really great job of keeping each other smiling. Camila looks in awe when we finally arrive.

I get out of the car and walk over to her side to open the door for her. "Ever been horseback riding before?" I ask helping her out. "No, but I've always wanted to!" Camila says bouncing on the tip of her toes. "Awesome! Well, follow me cause I have a surprise." I say taking her hand and leading her over to a particular horse.

"This guy right here, his name is Teddy and he happens to be the very first horse I learned to ride on

"This guy right here, his name is Teddy and he happens to be the very first horse I learned to ride on." I tell Camila. "When I was a sophomore, my friends took me with them to a ranch in Nashville. Each semester, every high school student at my school had to have at least seven hours of community service or we would be deducted a letter grade in whatever class we had for first period. Well, this ranch had community service opportunities and all my friends were going there for their hours. I didn't want to be the only one not getting their hours that way. One of the options was just going for rides to keep the horses in shape before the ranch would open. I had never ridden a horse before, so I had to learn to ride before I could start doing anything for my hours. Teddy was the one I always used." Camila smiles brightly, causing me to do the same.