Granpa Grande and Unexpected Changes

Katy's POV:

"Did he even have a right to do that? Who is he to tell you never to contact them again?" Jennette says as she helps me pack my suitcase. I've planned to go stay with her for a few weeks. I need out of this town.

"He's Simon Cowell. He has the power to do anything. He could probably get my ass thrown in jail for kissing a minor he's in charge of." "Camila? She would quit Fifth Harmony in a heart beat if that happened to you." "And that's the point." I say zipping up my suitcase and sitting it on the floor.

"I only agreed to never contact them again because I didn't want their career to get ruined because of me somehow. They didn't audition for the X Factor to meet me or anyone else, they auditioned to fulfill their dreams. Simon is right too. They'll probably forget all about me by the time they become recognized more and these few months come to an end. And that's okay if they forget me cause like I said, all of this is about their dreams; something I was never originally involved in. I'm just some random Nashville citizen that opened up my house to them during a storm." I turn around and begin to walk out of my room, but Jennette stops me by putting her hands on my shoulders.

"You were so much more than that to them, Tee. Coming from the bystander that had to watch all six of you say goodbye, I can promise you that the last thing they saw you as was a random citizen opening up your home to them." I sigh heavily thinking about Jennette's words. I really hope she's right too.

"You know, Frankie has missed all the action. We should probably figure out where he is so we don't leave without him." "I wonder where-"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" I hear my dad scream from downstairs. "Found him." Jennette says as we laugh and run down the stairs. After spending about fifteen minutes convincing my parents Frankie isn't a pedophile, they finally calm down. Frankie and Jennette then go pack their suitcases while I try to sort things out with my parents. They apologize over and over again for neglecting me. I forgive them and tell them it's fine, even though it's not. I don't wanna be that kid that goes off to college and has a terrible relationship with their parents. Besides, I'm the one that's leaving now, so I'm kinda too pumped to be as mad as I was earlier.

"You know, we still have three hours before we even need to be at the airport to check in. What should we do until then?" Frankie asks as him and Jennette come down with their luggage. "Well, I know some people that need to be caught up on everything that's happened today, including you Frankie. Come now children, its gossip hour at the Opry Mills Mall." I hug my parents goodbye, then walk about the door with Frankie, Jennette, and Kepling behind me. We all get in Frankie's rental car and head to the mall.

------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, I can't believe you had to endure all that before noon. Are you okay?" Lindsey says. I had her, Shane, Cameron, and Arnold meet us at the mall. Cameron and Arnold are getting back on track like they were before. I'm so happy for them. I really hope they work out. I really hope Ariana and I work out too, although I've decided to wait a little bit before I throw myself back into this game. Ariana deserves time for me to prove I'm ready for this, so I've decided to start a friendship back up first.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I think going out to California for a few weeks as a break will help too. I just miss the girls and can't help but worry about them too, you know? That, and my head keeps having all of these thoughts running through. Like what would my parents have said if I told them earlier about any of this? It doesn't matter now though cause I'm free, but that doesn't mean the thoughts aren't still there." Everyone nods heir head in agreement.

"I wonder how poor Camila is gonna get by without talking to you. That girl had it bad for you." Lindsey says. I roll my eyes and chuckle at her statement. "Oh girl, you should've seen how bad Lauren had it for Katy last night." Jennette chimes in. "Excuse me, but you were drunk off your ass, therefore your commentary is invalid." I say smirking at Jennette. "Well I wasn't. I watched you and Lauren from the balcony. Why do you think an Ed Sheeran song randomly played during the party? I played it on purpose to see how you guys would react." Frankie says smirking at me this time.