The Storm

Katy's POV:
I run out of the locker room and back into the gym. There was no way in hell I could stay with Camila while she talked to Ariana. Thankfully, none of the girls notice I basically ran for my life back in here.

"Is there a reason you ran in here like a crazy person?" Shane asks. Of course he would notice. "Camila and I were talking and Ariana called her in the middle of it." I quickly cover my mouth when I realize I mentioned Ariana to Shane. Great, he's probably gonna go blab about this to her tonight or whenever they chat next. "Does Camila know?" He asks after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Yeah. That's kinda why she asked to speak to me. She thought she was the reason Ariana and I ended things." For some reason that statement makes Shane laugh really hard. He's starting to push my buttons with this.

"Oh she's definitely not the reason you guys ended. You should know that by now." He says making my anger boil up more and more by the second. "Shane. Don't." I warn through gritted teeth. By now the girls have stopped what they're doing to watch us. "Don't what? Talk about how you fucked up?" I'm about to lash out, but a pair of hands grip my arm. I turn to my side and see Camila glaring at Shane. Her presence instantly calms me down. "Shane, knock it off. Now." Camila warns making Shane laugh bitterly and shake his head. "Whatever." He says walking over to the dance studio part of the gym and slamming the door shut. What has happened to my cousin?

"I'm gonna go finish my paper work now." I say slipping out of Camila's grasp and walking past the rest of the girls. I walk to the front desk. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to get anything done with all of this on my mind, but I have to try. I really don't feel like explaining anything to the girls. It's not that I don't trust them, it's just they're friends with Ariana so I feel like talking to them about the situation would have them choosing sides.

"Babe?" I look up from my stack of papers and see Cameron looking at me. "Hey." I say giving him a half smile. "So I kinda caught the last bit of what happened back there. Shane still giving you a hard time about Ariana?" I nod my head without saying anything. Cameron knows the Ariana thing is a pressure point between Shane and I. We're fine around each other, until she's mentioned by someone somehow. I normally run after that. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Cameron reaches across the desk and places his hands on mine.

"How about I take Shane out for a guys day out and try to get him to tell me what's up? I think the girls could use someone to show them around town too." He says giving me a reassuring smile. That's one of the things I love about him. He's always trying to reassure and comfort me. "Yeah that would be good. He needs some guy time and you could get through to him better than I could right now." He nods his head in agreement. "What do you think is even up with Shane? He's never acted like this before. It's not him at all." I ask. "I have an idea but I don't wanna say anything in case I'm wrong. Do any of the girls know about the situation?" "Camila does. We were just talking about it in the locker room actually, but then Ariana started calling so I used that moose named Hillary excuse you and I made up in the sixth grade." I say making Cameron chuckle. "Well we should probably get back to them." Cameron says. I agree while getting up to walk back with him.

"And there's seriously no other place open? Or a different set of rooms?" I hear Ally say as Cameron and I walk back into the gym. I notice she's on the phone while the other girls are looking distraught listening to her. "No no, that's okay. We can just stay in one of those rooms and keep the windows open I guess....yeah....thanks anyways." Ally says hanging up her phone and then sighing. "So where are we staying?" Normani asks. "Well every room is booked in Nashville, except the smoking rooms. So we're gonna have to stay in one of those since our bus is in Miami waiting on us for another three days." Ally says making the girls cringe.

I suddenly get an idea, and I guess Cameron has the same idea in mind because when I turn to look at him, he's already nodding his head in their direction. "You could use some girl time. Just ask them." He whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek and walking over to the dance room where Shane is. "I'll catch up with you later okay?" I holler to him. "See you then babe." He says closing the door behind him. I sigh realizing how risky this could be, but oh well. They need help and Cameron is right about me needing some girl time.