Broken Glass

June 2, 2015
6:00 AM

Katy's POV:

The annoying sound from my phone's alarm wakes me up. I'd literally do anything in the world to throw my phone right now and be able to sleep for a few more hours. But today is our first concert, so my ass has to be ready for the day in two hours.

I quietly slip out of Camila's bed and into her bathroom to semi get ready. I forgot to bring clothes for the day, so I'm stuck using my clothes from yesterday until I get back to the bus. I put my clothes on from yesterday, brush my hair, brush my teeth, then I'm ready to go. I hate to wake Camila up, but I'm not gonna leave without telling her bye either.

"Camila?" I say running my hand through her hair. She stirs awake, then looks at me for a few seconds before she begins softly smiling. "What's up, hot stuff?" "Hey, sorry to wake you up. But I gotta head back to Fillmore and I didn't wanna leave without telling you bye first." Camila gets up to check her phone. I was tired before, but now I'm wide awake after seeing her exposed body. That makes last night's even suddenly become more surreal.

"It's barely 6:20. Why are you leaving so early?" "I set my alarm for six, thinking it would take me longer to get ready. But then dumbass here realized she left her clothes for today, back in the bus." "What did I say about that?" Camila says crossing her arms. "Not to put myself down, I know, I know. But come on, you have to admit I am a dumbass a lot of times, and forgetting my clothes for the day is one of them." Camila rolls her eyes as I smirk at her.

"So who's here to get you?" "No one." "No one? How were you gonna get to Fillmore?" "I was gonna walk? It's like five miles at most. I'm used to walking that distance, if not more, back in LA. Traffic there is a nightmare so I don't drive a lot unless it's to campus or work." Camila walks over to a drawer and begins taking clothes out of it. She slips on a pair of underwear and a bra, followed by a simple T-shirt and blue jean shorts.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask. "I'm driving you to Fillmore. Let me brush my teeth and pull my hair up right quick, then we can leave." "Mila no, it's okay I can just walk there. Go back to bed." Camila walks into her bathroom, ignoring me completely. And I thought Ariana was stubborn. I guess I see why it was so easy for them to click now. Camila walks back out of her bathroom, her hair now tied in a messy bun.

"Ready to go?" She asks holding her hand out for me take. I take it as the two of us head downstairs. Kepling finally gets up from his spot in the floor and follows us. Camila yawns as we walk outside and approach her car. "I can drive if you want me to. You seem exhausted. And you know a tired driver is just as dangerous as a drunk driver? Drowsiness has the similar effects on the body as alcohol does." Camila stares at me for a few seconds before tossing me her keys.

"You better not be saying this just so you can drive my car." She says as we get in the car. "Nah. Your car is cute, but nothing will ever beat driving mine." Camila scoffs at my comment. "There is no way in hell your little Mitsubishi Eclipse is a better drive than this Prius!" "Easy, killer. I'm not hating on your car. I don't have my Eclipse anymore either." I say starting her car. "What do you have now?" I pull out my phone and show her a picture.

"I went from having this-"