I Promise

Katy's POV:
I can't explain how happy I am that Ariana finally believes me. I show Jennette my texts and she seems impressed with them. "Do you think it would be too much to sing a song for her?" I ask after she hands me my phone back. "Wow you're on a roll today" she says and we both laugh. "I meant cause she said I have to sing for her some time on this trip, and I just thought of something I could sing that also fits this situation" "well I would say go for it then. But you really should go now so she's not stuck waiting on you. Oh and you have to fill me in on your parents tonight when we all go out to eat, deal?" "You got it dude" I say sticking my thumb up. Gotta love Full House, right?

I make my way down a floor to Ariana's apartment. I notice the door is cracked open and I can hear Ariana singing something inside. I smile hearing her and walk inside. "Honey I'm home" I say walking in and closing the door. She looks over at me and smiles. "Hi" she says jumping up to sit on the counter. I walk over to her and put my hands on her knees. "Allow me to do this the right way this time" I say leaning in and attaching my lips to her. Our lips move together in perfect sync. It's slow and full of passion. This makes my legs go weak. "Sweet Jesus" I say in the voice of Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy and fall to the floor. She starts laughing uncontrollably as I lay in the floor. "Holy hell, you and those lips will be the death of me Ariana Grande"
"Get up you goober" she says looking down at me and smiling.

I get up and take her hand in mine. "Remember how the queen requested that the peasant sing?" I say and she smiles again. "Yes I do" "well the peasant has a song just for you. Do you mind if I use one of your guitars in the sound room?" "Of course" she says leading me to the room. I pick one up and walk into the living room. She follows behind and sits on her couch. "Alright this one goes out to my pretty little sugar mama" I say giving her my best Elvis lip impression. She smiles and I begin strumming the guitar.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I finish the song and look at her. "I promise I will fix you Ariana" she smiles at me with tears in her eyes. "Well so far you're doing an awesome job" she says jumping up to hug me. She wraps her arms around my neck and rests her head on my chest. Now I know why I'm so much taller than her. We stay like this for a few more minutes until I pull away and give her a quick peck on the lips. Then we sit down and continue getting to know each other. This time I'm holding her in my arms and she has her fingers intertwined with mine. I was never one for touching, besides the occasionally hug from time to time. But this? I never wanna stop touching or being touched by this girl. Maybe Shane is right. Maybe she is my first love?

"So tell me, what's your full name?" She asks me. "Katherine Alexandria Marie Oliver. I get called Kamo at school cause that's what my initials spell out" This makes her chuckle. God I'll never get over that sound. "You have two middle names and I don't even have one" she says and we both laugh. "Well I'll give you one" I say and she looks up at me. "Oh yeah? What's that?" I look down at her and think for a second. That's when it comes to mind. "Devin" "Devon?" She says looking at me confused. "Not Devon as in the guy's name, Devin as in the girls version" "Well why Devin?" "Cause it's French for 'perfect' or 'Devine'. That's what you are in my eyes. So how about it? How does Ariana Devin Grande-Butera" She just looks up at me with those beautiful brown eyes. "How" she finally says. "How what?" "How did I get so lucky to have you win this contest. And also how the hell are you still single?" That part makes me laugh.

"No one has caught my eye really, besides you. Plus I'm not sure of anyone that can handle all this" I say motioning up and down my body. She laughs again. "So tell me Miss Grande, have you ever had a crush on a girl before?" She goes quiet and looks away from me. "You don't have to answer that" I say rubbing my thumb against hers now. "No it's not that I don't want to answer it, it's just....well it's a long story kind of and I don't know if it even counts as liking her. It just kinda happened" she says looking up at me. There's guilt written in her eyes and that worries me. It doesn't worry me in the selfish way like 'oh hell she's liked a girl before me'. No, it worries me cause I can tell this guilt is bothering her. I don't want anything to bother my queen. "You can tell me love. I don't judge" she sighs and finally decides to tell me.

"After the last episode of Victorious was filmed, Dan threw us a huge party. But it was only for us and the directors and writers and stuff. Anyways even though we weren't legal yet, we still ended up drinking. Liz and I ended up drinking so much that we got drunk. Dan took our keys away from us and drove us back to Liz's apartment. He left our cars at the studios and said he would come get us in the morning and take us to get them. Anyways Liz and I were like hammered and ended up kissing on her couch somehow. But soon kissing led to other things" she says playing with my fingers now. I hear her huff again and I can just tell by her breath that she's on the verge of crying again. "I lost my virginity to Liz that night." She says. I notice tears have finally made their way down her face again. My heart breaks as I wipe them away with my thumbs. "It's okay love. You don't have to continue" she shakes her head. "No. I need to talk about it. I've held this in long enough and I trust you. And you deserve to know my past" she says looking up at me. I kiss her forehead and tell her to continue. "I don't remember anything about us doing that. I only know we did it cause we woke up with naked and were covered with hickies. I felt so violated but I couldn't be mad at Liz, I could only be mad at myself for allowing myself to get that drunk in the first place. Liz and i barely spoke that day. We just had Dan pick us up so we could go get our cars. I just went home and cried the rest of the day. I lost my virginity to my drunk best friend and I don't even remember any of it"

And now her tears are coming freely now. I hold her even tighter now and begin rocking her. "Shhhh it's okay. I've got you. I'm right here" I can tell she's really mad at herself for it. "It's okay love. Shit happens and we all make mistakes. I can't tell you I know what it feels like to lose your virginity to someone you didn't plan on giving it to cause I'm a virgin myself, but what I do know is you can't put yourself down for it. Like I said we all make mistakes, but one day someone is gonna come along and make love to you the way you deserve to have it. And then you're gonna forget all about that night. Ari you're too beautiful and special to be letting it get to you like this. That might sound harsh for me to say not to let it get to you, but darling you're hurting yourself more worrying about it. You can't change the past but you can change the way you look at it. Just you wait love. I'm gonna fix you and your heart."

She raises up to look at me again. "I love you" she says staring into my eyes. "I love you too, and I always will" "you promise?" "I promise"