Sinking

January 24, 2014

Katy's POV:
It's been a little over a month since Ariana and Jennette left from their Christmas visit here in Nashville. I haven't seen either of them since that day. Christmas came and went. My parents actually made it home this time. Their present to me was a two week vacation with them in Hawaii. Everything was going amazing and I had never been happier, up until about two weeks ago when everything seemed to change. I thought maybe it was where school had started back so life became a tad busier, but now I don't even know what the problem is.

Two weeks ago, Ariana and I started talking less. It's gotten worse since. I'm always the first to text her now and it takes her forever to reply. I've tried not thinking about it too much though. I know she's busy with her career and I couldn't be more proud of her. I've tried keeping busy too but there's only so much homework and gym training you can do before you realize they aren't gonna text you back any time soon. Honestly my phone just lays on the kitchen table the entire time I'm home now. The only time it goes off is when Lindsey or Cameron ask to hangout. At night time is when I normally get a text back from Ariana. If I don't get one from her, I get one from Jennette. She tried to reassure me but it doesn't seem to be working. I can't help but worry.

"Bro. Staring at your phone isn't gonna make her text back faster." Lindsey says sitting across from me at the kitchen table. "I know. Normally I'm doing something while my phone sits in here, but I've ran out of things to keep me busy." I look up at Lindsey to see her eyes widen. "Oh my God. When was the last time you texted Ariana?" "Uh like fifteen minutes ago. Why?" I ask getting worried. "Cause Camila Cabello posted this eight minutes ago."

I feel my fists clench a little

I feel my fists clench a little. She couldn't be ignoring me, could she? I mean Camila posted it, not her. "That doesn't mean anything. Camila could be on her phone while Ariana isn't on hers." "Tell that to her two minute ago post then." Lindsey says showing me another post.

" Lindsey says showing me another post

And now I'm hurt. Has Ariana been ignoring me the past two weeks and I've just left myself believe it's because she's been busy?

"Does this mean she's been ignoring me this entire time and I've been oblivious?" I ask Lindsey. "Okay so you're just skipping over the fact that they're calling each other wifey now or that Camriana is shipping way harder than Kariana?" I roll my eyes in annoyance. "We're not official. I can't get mad at her for doing something like this but I can get mad at her for ignoring me." "You ever think it's maybe time to ask her to be your girlfriend? Like maybe that's why she's ignoring you and posting wifey things with another girl? Maybe she's testing you?" "If she is then this is a cruel ass way of doing so."