The Lies We Tell

Ariana's POV:

"And you're positive that you have nothing to do with her being here?" Scooter asks me. "I'm positive. She told me earlier today that the boys of One Direction invited them to go to dinner with them. I said yes because I knew she couldn't come to our meeting tonight. I wish you would've told me it was over dinner though." I say crossing my arms in annoyance.

"Ariana, why else would I ask you and Ricky to dress up? Now get rid of that attitude and try to be professional. Enjoy your night with Ricky because it appears your 'girlfriend' is enjoying her night with the boys." Scooter says looking behind him. I look past him and see Katy and Jennette laughing with the boys. Usually the sight and sound of her laughing melts my heart, but now it's only brought rage and jealousy. Is she really just friends with them or is there something else going on? I need to talk to her while the night is still young.

Katy's POV:

"And that's how I saved Narnia." Louis says making us all laugh. "That is seriously one of the best dreams I've ever heard someone describe. You're a close second to Katy's though." Jennette says. "Okay then it's Katy's turn to tell a dream." Louis says nudging me in the side. "Fine, fine. But don't blame me if you guys end up having nightmares tonight. So picture me in a corn field with a hula skirt and coconut bra-" "Katy, can I talk to you a second?" I'm interrupted by Ariana. She's standing there with a face pleading for me to follow her. "Uh, sure. Curdy, tell stories about our dance battles or something." I say getting up and following behind Ariana. She leads us to the bathroom, then locks the door behind us so no one can come in.

"Is everything okay?" I ask after she turns around. "I don't know. Is it?" She says crossing her arms. "Are you mad that I'm here or something? Because I literally had no idea this would be some event Scooter would have you and Ricky show up at." "Event? So you knew all along this dinner was gonna be with other singers and managers, yet you didn't tell me?" Ariana asks slightly raising her voice at the end.

"I didn't think it would matter! Besides, you were the one that said you had a meeting to go to. You didn't mention it was over dinner though!" "That's because I didn't know it would be over dinner, Katy! I thought it would be a normal meeting. Kinda like I thought your dinner with the boys tonight would be a normal one!" "Would you have said no to me going tonight if I told you what kind of dinner it was?" I ask catching her off guard.

"Well...no. I can't tell you where you can or can't go." "Then why are you so upset? No matter what kind of dinner the boys invited me to, I would've said yes because I'm not allowed to go to my girlfriend's tour meeting because I may interfere with her 'boyfriend's' and manager's feelings." I realize I've gone too far with words when Ariana's eyes begin to swell with tears.

"That's not fair, and you know it! You know Scooter is making us do this for publicity. I have no choice in the matter! How do I know you're just being friends with Niall though? Or the other three? Rob referred to you and Jennette as their dates after all." Ariana says trying her best to keep her tears from falling.

"Ar, baby you know it's not like that. They know about the Ricky thing so they're just trying to help me get through it." "You told them?" Ariana says really raising her voice now. "I had no choice! Harry asked Jennette on a date, then Niall asked me on a date and I couldn't say no without having an excuse other than the real reason being I have a girlfriend. Then they wrote this song for us to open up about our stress and stuff and suddenly showed up to our apartment at like one this morning and sang it for us. I had no choice but to tell them everything after that. They're not gonna run their mouths though." Ariana stays silent for a few more seconds.

"Is that why you randomly came to sleep with me this morning?" "Maybe. That whole situation had me missing you like crazy so I had to be with you. I got scared I was gonna lose you." "Katy, how many times do I have to tell you that you're not gonna lose me!" "I know that! But that doesn't make the pain any easier! You're gonna be off in Europe having the time of your life on tour, whether Ricky is involved or not. And I'm gonna be stuck in California praying that creep stays gay and keeps his dick to himself!" Ariana scoffs at me.