Into Harmony's Way

Katy's POV:

"Come on dude, you have to calm down." Jennette says to me. I've been pacing around my living room for the last half hour. Jennette is with me and Lindsey is in the computer room chewing Shane out. "I can't just calm down though! Ariana has been lying to me for months and to make it worse, Shane has been too!" Jennette just nods her head and continues watching me pace the room. She knows she can't argue with me on this. There is no ability to calm down.

"I need you to be honest for a second." I say looking at her. She looks at me with pure sympathy. "Did she take my Predators hoodie?" "Oh my God, Katy!" "What! I said that was my hoodie dammit!" Jennette laughs but her laughter quickly stops as her face becomes concerned again. "Why do I feel like that's not your real question?" I sigh in defeat. She knows me too well.

"Well, actually I am concerned about her taking my hoodie in a way. But you're right, that's not what I wanted to ask you." I say looking away from her and at the ground. "I'm all ears Tee." "Did I truly mean anything to her or was I just something to gain publicity faster?" I hear Jennette sigh. I brace myself for what she's about to say. "You meant everything to her, Tee. I can't tell you how she feels now though. This change in her attitude just makes me unable to recognize her. One time this week, I mentioned your name and she told me not to talk about you around her. I couldn't tell if that was code for 'I'm hurting and I can't hear her name without breaking a little more inside' or if it meant...well you know." I'm about to respond when Lindsey slams the door open and drags Shane in by his shirt collar. She then pulls his arm behind his back and twists it, causing him to scream out in pain. Jesus I knew she got violent when she was mad but damn, I've never seen her like this before.

"What's going on?" I speak up. "Tell her what you just told me." Lindsey says twisting his arm a little more. "Alright alright geez! Ariana went to a New Years party and Jai was there. They started talking and of course he tried to hit on her, so she told him everything about the two of you, hoping he would take the hint and leave her be. He decided to leave her alone, but not without proving a point first." Shane looks me directly in the eye as he continues to speak. "That Katy claimed Ariana as hers, but she wasn't actually hers because Katy never asked Ariana to officially be her girlfriend. Jai made Ariana think and soon she realized she was tired of waiting on something that seemed like it would never happen. You took too long and that's why she's been ignoring you and asking me for help." Lindsey slams Shane down on the ground.

"HOW COULD YOU WITHHOLD INFORMATION LIKE THAT FROM US! THAT'S YOUR COUSIN FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Lindsey screams. I've never seen my best friend get like this over me before. "Lindsey." I say. She looks at me and calms down when I give her a half smile. I guess that's the effect of a best friend right?

"It's okay Lindsey. This is my fault so I'll handle it. Just sit down here with Jennette." Lindsey nods her head and walks over to the couch to sit with Jennette. "Shane, Lindsey is right. How could you withhold that information from me? Why didn't you tell me that's what Ariana wanted and why she was ignoring me?" Shane stands up and begins dusting stuff off his clothes. "Because no one should have to tell you how Ariana feels. You shouldn't be this fucking oblivious. It's February and she's been waiting since June for you to ask her Katy. Of course she's gonna ignore you!" Shane begins to walk out of the living room but turns around and looks at me.

"And one more thing. You always told her there was no interest towards Cameron, but the minute he shows up and finally asks you out, your real feelings for him come out. You can't get mad at her for lying when you were doing the same thing. I'm sorry for going behind your back, I really am but you don't understand how hard I've been trying to convince her to give you a little more time. We thought her ignoring you would open your eyes, and it did. But you closed them when you didn't get an answer the second you wanted it. But look at the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about being gay now and having your parents disown you." And with that, Shane finally leaves.

No Longer Just A FanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara