Texting and Falling

May 28, 2013

Katy's POV:
"You alright Katy? You're looking kinda pale" Shane asks me. I show him the last text from Ariana. "Aw she's excited to meet you" "literally gonna throw up" "why are you freaking out so much? You should be excited! I mean you're gonna not only meet, but stay with your crush for an entire week!" "I know Shane, it's just..." "You worried about your Crohn's, aren't you?"

"It's not that I'm worried, it's more along the lines of being embarrassed, I mean do you know how many people think it's just people being big babies over stomach pains? Not to mention having to go to the bathroom a lot" "I know. People don't realize just how serious Crohn's really is and that's what sad. I mean if they were with you that night at the hospital-" he says choking up. "Shane?" He doesn't answer me. He's too busy trying to keep himself from losing it.

"Shane I didn't die okay? I'm still here, right?" "I know. It's just, you were so close to death. Had they not gotten your intestines untwisted at the last second, I would've lost my best friend. Even though it's been over a year and it's unlikely to happen again cause of the medicine you're taking, I still worry like crazy about you" "I'll be okay Shane. It takes a lot to knock me down. I'm just worried how Ariana will handle having someone that has to take six kinds of medicines, three times a day and then bathroom trips. Gosh this is gonna be embarrassing"

"Dude she will understand. It's not something you can help okay? You were born with Crohn's. Besides, she cares for her fans. You'll be fine" "I guess you're right. Oh crap I forgot to text her back. She's gonna think I'm an asswipe.

(K= Katy, A=Ariana)

K: I'm excited to meet you too! Like I don't think you understand how excited I am!

A: I don't think you understand how excited I am! My manager sent me your personality list. You seem so cool! Oh and you have to sing for me too 😉

K: Haha well thank you! And is the Queen requesting that the peasant sing?!? Oh the irony!

A: Oh my word, you are too cute!

K: It takes a cute person to know a cute person Miss Grande 😏

A: Do you enjoy making people blush Miss Oliver? 🙈

K: It depends. What's day of the week is it?

A: Friday? Haha

K: Well in that case, you're screwed 😁

Ariana's POV:
"How's it going?" Jennette asks hovering over my shoulder as I text Katy. "I'm really excited actually. She's so cute and funny. I think it's gonna be a good week" I say smiling. "Well you know you have to share her during the day right?" She says smirking. "I'll be sure to warn her of that" I say continuing to text her.

A: Jennette says I have to share you during the day 😂

K: Well there's plenty of Katy to go around so don't worry 😎

A: Dan says he would like her to be the one to get you at the airport and then have her bring you back to my apartment. Are you okay with that?

K: As long as I get to meet my queen, I'm 110% okay with that

I'm interrupted from our conversation by my phone saying I have an email. I check it and see it's Katy's medical records that my manager collected. My heart shatters when I see that she not only has Crohn's disease, she is also anemic.

A: Not to change the subject out of the random, but my manager just sent me an email of your medical records. You have Crohn's disease? And you're anemic?

K: Yeah, I was born with Crohn's and then developed Anemia over the past few years. The doctors think it's more than likely from my Crohn's though. I promise I won't be a burden though haha

A: You would never be a burden! You can't help having either one of those and they're both serious! And don't be embarrassed if you are, I've met people with Crohn's and they're embarrassed to be around people when it acts up. I'll take care of you if yours flares up or anything okay?

K: Goodness it's like you knew I was just ranting to my cousin about being embarrassed! But really, thank you Ariana. You don't know how much that means to me. One of the many reasons you're such an inspiration, and why you will always be my queen.

A: Well I try to look out for my fans ❤️. Also I'm no queen, but thank you for seeing me as one. And this may sound crazy cause we have only been talking for 15 minutes, but my heart loves you so much already. Now I really can't wait to meet you!

K: Well this may sound even crazier but my heart has always loved you

That text makes me smile so big that my face begins to hurt. I've never been so excited to meet someone before, and neither has my heart.

Jennette's phone then begins to ring. "Hello?....oh we're just at Ariana's house right now. She's texting and getting to know Katy. I don't think I've seen her this excited in a while" she says looking over at me and I smile. "What?...premiere signing? I didn't think that was today....oh right it's just with the Nickelodeon producers....okay yeah we will be there soon...alright...bye" she hangs up. "Was that Dan?" I ask. "Yeah he wants us to come down to the studio for some premiere signing thing with some producers from Nickelodeon. I think they wanna talk about this contest." "Is it a bad talk?" "Dan didn't sound worried or anything. In fact he sounded kinda cheerful so I don't think we have to worry about anything" "okay well let me tell Katy bye and then we can leave"

A: Okay I really hate to leave you because I'm really enjoying us talking, but Dan just called and wants Jennette and I to come to the studio to talk to some producers so I gotta go. I'll text you later my love ❤️

K: Alright be safe and have fun my queen 👑❤️

Once again I smile really big. I grab my purse and follow behind Jennette as we make our way to the studio