And the Truth Shall Set You Free

Katy's POV:

The feeling of kissing Camila was nothing like the feelings I got kissing Cameron, Josh, or even Ariana. Our kiss was slow and passionate. It felt nice the way our lips molded together perfectly, but why did I have this voice in the back of my head screaming at me to stop?

"Please...tell me you were basically saying to kiss you? I don't want our friendship to get fucked up because I took the wrong hint." I ask as I'm finally able to pull away from her. Camila smiles up at me before placing a quick peck on my lips once again. "Oh trust me, I was. I'm sorry that was probably too straight forward. I just...I'm crazy about you. I haven't been able to stop thinking about kissing you since Saturday night after the storm." "I'm starting to become crazy about you too, Camila." I say kissing her forehead.

"I have to tell you something now. You have every right to be mad too but please...just bear with me." Camila says looking down and away from me. I place my hand under her chin and lift it up to where she's looking me in the eyes. "You can tell me anything. Nothing is gonna make me love you any less whether I end up mad or not." "And you saying stuff like that makes this even harder." Camila's says. She finally removes her arms from around my neck, then walks over to my couch and sits down. Kepling goes over and lays his head on her knee as she begins stroking between his ears.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask. Camila chuckles and looks over at me. I can see tears forming in her eyes. I don't like where this is going. "No, you're too perfect to do something wrong in my eyes. I'm the problem in this situation. I should've told you earlier but I didn't know how." "Well I'm all ears now and I'm very worried about your sudden change in mood. So please, tell me what's up?"

"We can't do this, Katy." "Do what? Talk?" I ask while smirking. My smirk goes away when I see tears have now made their way out of her eyes. "We can't do this." Camila says motioning between the two of us. "We can't be together. I wish we could but we just can't. I'm about to be in a relationship with someone else." It goes quiet for a few seconds before I'm able to speak up.

"Do I know this person?" Camila looks at me in shock. I guess she was expected me to scream or something? "Austin. Austin Mahone. He's the reason the girls and I are on tour. It's us and Shawn Mendes." "Austin Mahone? That Justin Bieber knockoff?" Camila chuckles while rolling her eyes. "Be nice." "Sorry. That's what they called him on the radio when his song Say Somethin came out." "That's so bad." Camila says making the two of us laugh. It goes quiet again for a few seconds before she speaks up.

"So you're not mad?" "Mad? Nah. He's a really lucky guy. He just better take care of you and make you happy is all." "He's doing a pretty good job so far. By the way now that this is out in the open and you're not mad....were you ever gonna make any other moves?" I put my hand on my chest and pretend to be offended.

"How dare you. You're trying to smash and take my virginity, aren't you?" Camila throws her head back and laughs, making me smile. "You caught me." She says after she finally settles down. "Well now that I got that out of my system, as much as I would have loved to have asked you to be my girlfriend or something like that, I can't. I would be so bad for you. You deserve so much better than me. My baggage isn't something I would've wanted you to have to deal with. You're perfect and you deserve someone that has less imperfections, and I'm full of them. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't and still won't do anything to protect and make you happy though."

"You would not be bad for me!" Camila says standing up now. "Katy, you've done more things for me this past week than anyone, other than the girls and my family, have done for me my entire life! I haven't been able to return the favor, so if anything I'm bad for you." Camila explains. I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist as I pull her into a tight hug. "You being here with me is the only thing I want in return. Just give me tonight to prove it. We can go back to being just friends afterwards okay? I just need one last time to kiss and hold you, even though we never really started anything." "I'm all yours then." Camila says pulling away from our hug and leaning up to kiss me.