Surgery

Ariana's POV:
"And she hasn't texted you back?" "No. Jennette, I'm starting to worry. I mean it's almost two o'clock in Nashville and she only had to go to school until 11:30. She's always said something by now, even if she's busy as hell." I say pacing around my living room. I texted Katy to wish her a happy first day of senior year almost seven hours ago and she still hasn't replied. I'm worried.

"Well knowing that goober, she's probably out running around town celebrating that she's one year away from freedom and she hasn't checked her phone yet or something." "I don't know Jennette, it just-" I'm cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I get excited and look down at it, only to have my face fall when I see it's Shane. "Why's Shane calling you?" "I don't know." Okay now I'm really worried if Shane is calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ariana." God he sounds awful.

"Hey Shane. Everything okay? You sound exhausted."

"Yeah it's been a pretty fucked up day but everything should be okay."

"Shane you're scaring me now. What happened?"

"Well first I'm gonna assume you've been wondering why Katy hasn't talked to you today, right?"

"Yeah I actually just got done ranting to Jennette about it. Please tell me she's okay."

"She should be. A couple of bitches named Sarah and Megan at our school were talking shit and there ended up being a fight. Well actually, Megan attacked Katy. She punched her in the stomach several times and then the left side of her face. Katy broke that bitch's jaw and knocked her out but then she coughed up blood and passed out so they've both been at the hospital since eight this morning."

"But she's okay though, right?" I ask as my eyes swell up with tears.

Shane sighs. "The doctor said she's more than likely gonna have to have surgery on something just judging by the way her abdomen was swelling. They're still doing tests on her though just to be sure."

I burst into tears now. The thought of Katy having to have surgery because some bitch damaged one of her organs. She goes through enough as it is with her Crohn's.

"Ariana it's okay. She'll be okay."

"Shane I'm coming to Nashville."

"Ariana, no. That's too much for you to do."

"Shane I can't stay here and be sane while Katy is in the shape she's in, especially if she ends up having surgery. I have to come see her, besides I have the week off."

"Well okay. Please be careful though. I can't have both of you to worry about."

"I will Shane. I'll see you in a few hours." I hangup with Shane and then run into my bedroom to get packed. "Okay please explain to me what's going on! Why does Katy have to have surgery?" Jennette says running in behind me. "I'll explain on the flight. Just go to your apartment and pack some clothes cause I know you're not gonna be able to stay here and be sane either." Jennette quickly agrees and then goes upstairs to pack her bags as well. A few minutes later I finish packing my bags. After that I call Dan and ask if his private jet can take us to Nashville. After hearing the story, he allows Jennette and I to borrow it. Jennette comes back down to my apartment packed and ready to go, so the two of us make our way to the airport. God, Katy, please be okay.

-------------------------------------------------------

Katy's POV:
"Hey look, she's finally awake." I hear someone say. It's really hard to open my eyes but eventually I'm able to do so. I see Lindsey, Shane, and Cameron hovering over with me with fake smiles. You know you're screwed if your best friends give you fake smiles. Wait, where am I anyways? "What happened?" I ask with a really groggy voice. "Do Sarah and Megan ring a bell?" Lindsey says. I think for a second, and then it all comes back to me. Sarah insulting Ariana, then Megan doing the same and attacking me afterwards. I guess that explains why my abdomen feels like an elephant is sitting on it.