The BlackShadowed Pack

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you speak!" I exclaimed.

I was obviously joking around, but I started to get nervous after realising that he is from The BlackShadowed Pack. Even our pack members visibly stiffened from what I said, making me regret my words even more.

The rumors I've heard about this pack makes me think that the pack members they don't tolerate jokes or sarcasm...

So you can imagine how relieved I was when Kobi started to laugh out loud. "I'm really not a socialable person." He explained, as he finally drove off the highway. "I'm especially quiet around other wolves outside my pack."

I nodded at this understandingly, feeling myself relax a little. Jay finally spoke up, after giving off a cold impression to Kobi. Of course, Jay becomes a lot serious and has his guard up around non-pack members.

"What is your rank?" Jay asked, making eye contact with him in the rear-view mirror.

I looked at Kobi to hear his answer. I was also very curious about his rank, since he gave off quite a powerful aura. No where near powerful enough to be an Alpha, or a Beta.

My guess is that he's a highly ranked warrior or even a Gamma, who is third in command of the pack - right after the Alpha and Beta.

"I am the Gamma of my pack." He responded confidently, making Jay nod at him.

"We're on our territory now." He added, making me look out the window in anticipation.

I hadn't noticed we were on a long and wide road with tall trees surrounded each side. It already looked beautiful and we were only on a road. If I was to have looked away, I would've missed the slight movements in the forest.

Probably the border defence warriors, of course they must've been notified of our visit so there's no need to feel on edge. I tried reassuring myself this, but the deeper we drove into their territory, the more on edge I felt.

The large town came into view as we came down a hilly road. I leaned forward trying to take in the size of the pack town; it looked huge! Almost looks like an entire city and I wish I could say I was exaggerating.

I could literally see skyscrapers, but what is the point of having such tall buildings? Kind of an eye sore but it makes this whole place look legitimate.

"Fuck... this place is huge!" Jay exclaimed through the mind link.

Just as though Kobi knew what we were thinking, he said, "This is just the main Pack town, kind of like the central city of our territory. There are a few other towns just a few miles away."

I nodded at this, not knowing what to say.

"Just to warn you, you most likely will be receiving shocked and alarmed looks from many pack members today. We aren't used to having outsiders visit our territory so I hope you understand." He added, as we entered the heart of the pack town.

"That's fine." Jay replied, looking out the window with a frown.

Confused by his frown, I also looked out the window to see a crowd of people following this jeep. Damn, they really must be surprised by our presence. I already knew that not many people have visited this pack in decades.

Looking away from the window, I settled my gaze on Kobi's hair again. I really wanted to ask about his dark red hair, for some reason. I've never come across a wolf that dyed his hair before, so I'm guessing it's a BlackShadowed thing...maybe?

"Do you think he's dyes his hair?" I asked through the mind link.

"Of course he does! There is only three natural hair colours; brunette, blond and ginger. I've never seen such a dark red hair colour on any wolf or human for that matter." One of the pack members exclaimed.