Chapter 46

Charlie put his hands up as if he was surrendering. "I needed to see you."

Shawn could feel anger building within him. "Needed to...see me? For what god damn purpose huh? Do you want to tell me how you REALLY don't want me?"

Charlie swallowed hard. "Can we just go somewhere and talk?"

"I am not going anywhere with you." Shawn said then started to walk past him, but Charlie held his arm. "Get your hand off of me."

Charlie did as he was told. "Look, I know you are not happy with me right now and I get it, but..."

"But nothing! You broke my heart! I don't want to hear anything you have to say!" He said then began to walk away.

"It's about your boyfriend."

Shawn stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned around. "Are you jealous or something? Even for you this is pretty low."

"Shawn, please just listen to me."

Shawn walked up to him so they were face to face. "So, you aren't jealous?"

"Well, yeah I am, but..."

"Goodbye."

"Shawn, please!" Charlie shouted then ran in front of him to stop him from walking.

"Get out of my way, Charlie."

"I know the family." He admitted.

"How?"

Charlie looked away in shame. "I...I can't say."

"Can't or won't?"

"What's going on out here?" Brice said as he exited the building.

Shawn turned and gave Brice a forced smile. "Friends catching up, that's all."

Brice pulled Shawn into an embrace and made sure to make eye contact with the other man in doing so. He could sense jealousy. He always enjoyed having things other people could not have. He made sure to give Shawn a kiss on the neck while continuing the direct eye contact.

Charlie looked away and took a deep breath. He wanted to beat the shit out of him, but now was not the time.

"Introduce me, Shawn."

Shawn shook his head.

"Don't be shy, babe."

Charlie flinched at the babe reference. This guy was a real prick, he thought to himself.

"This is Charlie. Charlie, this is Brice." Shawn mumbled.

Brice flashed his million-dollar smile and held out his hand. "Pleasure to meet you...Charlie."

Charlie said nothing and just shook his hand. "I wish I could say the same, but I know your family too well." He blurted out.

Brice squinted his eyes at Charlie. "And what exactly...do you know about my family?"

"Let's go, Brice. Come on." Shawn begged.

"Did you help him?"

Brice felt his heart begin to race. This was what his father had been hiding from him all these years, he knew it. "Excuse me?"

"Don't play fucking dumb."

"Charlie, stop it." Shawn begged.

"How do you know my father?"

Charlie looked at him curiously. He wasn't so sure anymore that he knew. "You don't know...do you?"

"Know what? Tell me."