Chapter 33

"Oh shit, you guys eat together

"Oh shit, you guys eat together." Charlie said softly into Shawn's ear as they headed into the kitchen.

Shawn chuckled softly.

"Bom dia!" Mr. Mendes said to them as they walked in. "Comer, comer."

The two men sat down next to one another at the table.

"How did you sleep?" Karen asked the both of them.

Charlie smiled. "Really well."

Shawn already had pancakes shoved in his mouth.

Charlie glanced over at smiled at him.

"Charlie, can I show you some lyrics?" Aaliyah asked enthusiastically.

Charlie nodded as he had just shoved some pancakes in his mouth as well.

"Hunnie, he is eating." Karen said.

"Sorry." She said then continued to eat off of her own plate.

"So, since the party is starting a bit earlier this year, we need to head to church at around 4." Karen said.

Charlie glanced over at Shawn. He had not mentioned anything about church to him.

Shawn placed his hand on Charlie's thigh. "We always go to mass on Christmas Eve. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course." Charlie said. Even if he wasn't, Shawn sort of put him on the spot in the moment. He had an interesting relationship with the church. He and his mother would always go together, but after she died he stayed away until he was on the streets. He and stokes had taken refuge in the church on a few chilly evenings. He brought his thoughts back to reality. He was here in this Mendes Hallmark Christmas and he wanted to be fully present. He had never experienced anything like this. Even growing up, it was just him and his mother.

It was around 2pm when everyone started to get ready for church.

When they walked back into Shawn's room, Charlie collapsed onto the bed. "I am in a food coma."

Shawn laughed. "People tend to eat more up here due to the cold. It will pass." He said then pulled his shirt over his head.

Charlie groaned. "Come rub my belly."

Shawn walked over and plopped down beside him.

"Ughhhh." Charlie groaned in discomfort.

"Awww your poor little belly." Shawn said then slid his hand under Charlie's T-shirt and began gently rubbing his belly. "Better?"

"Go easy." Charlie whined.

Shawn did it softer. "How's that babe?"

Charlie sighed in relief. "Much better."