Chapter 29

"Welcome home, my baby!" Karen cried then opened the door for them. She pulled Shawn in for a hug as he stepped into the house.

Charlie stepped in behind.

"I missed you, mom."

Aaliyah stood behind them just staring at Charlie. He smiled awkwardly in response.

"You must be the infamous, Charlie." Shawn's father said then held out his hand.

Shawn let go of his mother when he heard this.

Charlie put down the bags so he could shake properly. "It is nice to meet you, sir."

"It's a pleasure." He responded then turned to his daughter. "Aaliyah, take their bags."

Shawn intercepted it. "I got it Papai"

"I don't get a hug first?"

Shawn smiled then hugged his father.

"Aaliyah, diga olá para Charlie."

She took steps closer to him and held out her hand. "It is nice to meet you, Charlie. I'm Aaliyah."

He took her hand and kissed it. "Pleasure to meet you."

Shawn glanced at his mother and smiled. She returned the smile.

"I am Shawn's mother."

Charlie held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

She waved him off. "Oh, stop with that. Call me Karen and we are huggers in this family. Come here." she said then pulled him into a warm hug.

While that was happening, Shawn went over to his sister and lifted her in the air as he hugged her.

"I missed you!" he cried out.

"Me too!" she cried.

When he put her down she jumped up and clasped her hands together. "Oh, my gawd! You can come to my concert now!"

He smiled. "Wouldn't miss it, kiddo."

She wrapped her arm around his waist and he pulled her into a side hug.

"Let's get you boys fed and warmed up. Come on." Karen said then headed for the kitchen.

"Be right in, mom." He said then kissed the top of Aaliyah's head. "Can you take our bags up for me?"

"Are you guys sleeping in Shawn's room?...together?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Just please do it."

She nodded then walked over to pick up the bags. "I'm glad you are spending Christmas with us, Charlie."

He smiled at her. "Thank you. Me too."

"