Chapter 34

"Okay, people will be here in about 30 minutes. I need all hands-on deck!" Karen said as they walked into the house.

"We are just going to change, and we'll be back to help. Okay?"

"Okay, sweetie." She said then held his face. "I'm so proud of you."

Charlie couldn't help but smile at the intimate moment between mother and son.

Shawn smiled. "Thanks, mom."

Charlie quickly turned away when she saw that Karen had noticed him staring.

"Come on, Charlie." Shawn said then headed up the steps.

Charlie was right behind him, when he felt a hand on his arm. He turned and saw Karen had a hold of him.

"Come here for a second."

Charlie couldn't help the feeling that perhaps he was in trouble.

The feeling subsided when Karen pulled him into a hug. "You were wonderful, sweetheart." She said as she squeezed him.

As she pulled away she held his face. "Thank you for what you did."

Charlie didn't know what to say. All he knew was that it felt nice to be hugged by a mom. He missed his mother so much, especially this time of year.

Shawn watched the interaction from the balcony on the second floor.

"Thank you for what you have done for my, Shawn." She said as tears filled her eyes.

Charlie blushed. "It is really all him."

"Oh nonsense." She said then tried fanning her eyes to keep the tears from falling. "Now run along and get changed."

Shawn quickly darted for the room. He quickly took his suit jacket off and tried to act casual.

Charlie nodded at Karen then jogged up the stairs.

When he entered Shawn's room he grinned. "I know you were watching."

"I don't know what you are talking about." He lied.

"You are an awful liar, Mendes." He said then hugged him from behind.

Shawn smiled and placed his hands-on top of Charlie's, which were resting on his chest. "Thank you for what you did."

"You sounded phenomenal." Charlie said, beaming with pride.

Shawn turned to face him. "You were brilliant on the piano."

Just then the doorbell rang.

"And so, it begins." Shawn said then walked over to his bag and pulled out a change of clothes.

Charlie did the same. As he changed, he kept a close eye on Shawn. It was so easy to get mesmerized by his body.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Band of Goldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें