Chapter 22

Charlie got out of bed and began to straighten up.

"Baby, come back to bed." Shawn whined.

"In a second, just trying to make the place a bit more presentable."

Shawn sat up and found his briefs and slid them on. "Okay, then. I will help."

"Will you stop." Charlie said.

Shawn began to pick up his clothes off of the floor and put them on a nearby chair.

Charlie walked over to him. "Please, stop."

Shawn turned to him. "If you do, I will."

Charlie jumped back into bed. "Happy?"

Shawn smiled then crawled on top of him. "Now I am." He said then began kissing him.

"Are you hungry?"

Shawn wiggled his eyebrows. "Ugh huh." he said then kissed and nibbled his way down Charlie's chest.

Charlie tried to not laugh, but he was extremely ticklish. "Shawn, that is not what I meant." He managed to get out between laughing.

Shawn gripped the waistband of Charlie's boxer briefs. "Are you sure?"

"You don't play fair."

Shawn licked his lips, but Charlie slid away. "I am going to use all the strength I have to say no because I promised Stokes I would jam with him today." He said then walked over to the closet and grabbed a towel.

"I think you can be a few minutes late."

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think it would only take a few minutes?"

Shawn smirked. "You may never know." He said then slowly licked his lips.

Charlie nodded. "Well played, Mendes, but you will need to do some preparations for later yourself."

Shawn looked confused. "What?"

"You are performing tonight as well."

All of the color left Shawn's face and he looked as though he had just seen a ghost. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, did I not tell you? I signed you up for open mic tonight."

"Charlie!"

"What?" he said trying not to laugh.

"Are you fucking with me?"

"No, I did that already." He teased.

Shawn threw a pillow at him. "I am being serious, Puth!"

Charlie walked over and knelt before him. "So am I. We've been working hard to tackle this stage fright thing, haven't we?"

"Yes. Should I remind you of the karaoke incident?!"

"Should I remind you that you DID perform that night and you sounded incredible...until you got into your own head?"

"Doesn't matter. I still freaked out." He said sadly.

"I have an idea that I think might help if your head gets in the way again."

Shawn crossed his arms. "Oh really? What is it?"

"I am not going to tell you with that attitude, Mendes."

Shawn chuckled then dropped his hands. "You are right. I am sorry. Please tell me your idea, master."

"Ooo, Master. Save that for later." He said with a wink.

Shawn blushed.

"So, about my idea." he said then tossed his towel onto the dresser. "Okay, so when you feel panic set in, just look into the audience and picture everybody naked."