Chapter 24

"Okay, I may vomit." Shawn said as he paced by the bar.

"Here." Charlie said holding a drink before him. "Drink this."

"What is it?"

"Liquid courage."

Shawn nodded then gulped it down.

Charlie placed his hands-on Shawn's shoulders. "How do you feel now?"

"I still want to vomit."

Charlie chuckled. "Remember the park?"

Shawn nodded.

"Remember what I said?"

Shawn nodded. "Picture everybody naked...got it."

Charlie leaned into his ear. "Remember when you fucked me in the shower?"

Shawn blushed and giggled. "What does that have to do with this?"

Charlie chuckled softly in his ear. "I'll let you do it again, if you make it through this."

Shawn hugged him tightly. "Who are you kidding? You can't wait for me to do it again." He said back into his ear.

"You are right."

Shawn turned his head so he could kiss Charlie.

"Don't get distracted."

"I am just picturing you naked."

Charlie held his face in his hands. "Wait, stokes told me you gave him a hard time about some lyrics."

Shawn rolled his eyes. "I think I should be allowed to say he instead of she if I want. I already came out of the closet..I shouldn't have to be shoved back in."

Charlie shook his head. "It isn't about that, baby. It is about a target audience. You want to appeal to the masses."

Shawn grabbed his face. "You are crazy, do you know that?" he said then dropped his hands. "It is just an open mic night. I am not playing to a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden for crying out loud."

"You will."

Shawn chuckled. "You are sweet."

"Please use the she pronoun."

Shawn sighed. "I already agreed to it. Anything to please you...master." He teased.

"I said, save that for later." He said then wiggled his eyebrows.

Just then the master of ceremonies stood up to introduce open mic night.

Shawn swallowed hard. "Where will you be? I need to be able to see you in the crowd."

Charlie smiled. "I will be right up front to your left, okay?"

Shawn nodded.

"Me and your buddy Pete. I have a feeling we are going to be the best of friends after tonight." He joked.

"Please behave."

Charlie crossed his heart with his hand. "I will be on my best behavior."

"Oh god, how long until I go on?"

Charlie walked him towards the side of the stage. "Oh, I signed you up first so you could get it over with."

Shawn's legs felt like jello. "Oh god. Oh god."

"Let's give a warm welcome to...SHAWN MENDES!"

Charlie squeezed his hand then headed back into the crowd.