A Fresh Start

Theodore's POV

" Where's my file?" I asked her from upstairs.

" Which file?" She shouted from downstairs.

" Blue one." I shouted back.

" It's on the couch, God!!!! Theo, why can't you just get things which are in front of your eyes???" She shouted again.

" Thanks, babe." I said and quickly entered the room and took the file. I checked the file if it was the one I was searching for. I saw it was the one. I smiled. I took my jacket and my laptop. I was ready to go to office. I was getting out of the room. I stopped at once as I saw her entering the room blocking my way. I looked at her surprisingly.

" What happened, babe?" I asked her.

" Did you remember what I told you last night?" She asked me and I looked at her weirdly.

" Which one?" I asked and she glared at me.

" Well, about Stanley?! I will be careful." I said.

" Not this one." She said narrowing her eyes.

" Then?" I asked.

" You really forgot about it?!!" She asked me.

" Yes, I really forgot I think." I said and sighed.

" How can you forget like this, Theo." She said and looked at me with cold eyes.

" I am sorry, extremely sorry." I said totally forgotten about. Seriously I shouldn't do it.

" No sorry is accepted. Just reach at Eugene's school by 11:00 AM. Don't be late." She said and I sighed. How can I forget about this!!!! Today is parents meeting in Eugene's school. And this why she is not going Office today. Shit!! I forgot it. I sighed. I took my phone and called Jeremy.

" Hello, Theo?" He said.

" Hello, Jeremy. Can you help me a bit today?" I asked.

" Sure. What's that?" I asked him. 

" I can't attend the meeting today. Can you handle it for me?" I asked him.

" I can. But why aren't you coming? Are you sick?" He asked.

" No, I am perfectly fine." I said.

" Then? You know how important this meeting is." He said.

" I have a more important meeting today." I said.

" Which one?" He asked.

" Parents meeting at Eugene's school." I said.

" Oh, alright. Go then. I will handle it here. You no need to be worried. Attend the parents meeting." He said.

" Thanks." I said to Jeremy.

" You are welcome." He said.

" See you tomorrow at the meeting with Turner." I said and hung up.

I went to the room and kept back my laptop and files. I changed into white shirt and black pants. I can't go to school in business attire. Right? I came downstairs searching for that mother son duo who are usually ignoring me. I sighed. But I love them both more than anything. Cause, they are my family. My own family. I am not alone anymore.

" What happened?" I heard Naomi.

" What happened?" I asked confusingly.

" Aren't you going to office today?" She asked.

" No, parents meeting is more important than office." I said.

" Really?" She asked happily.

" Yes. As we took Eugene's responsibility we should fulfill them properly." I said. She tugged herself with me. I smiled.