Eugene Cassian

Theodore's POV

" Mr. Roberts, there is no possibility of reaching your place. It's already burning." The cop told me and I only was looking at the burning building in front of me.

" Sir, I think there is no one still alive inside." Someone said. I didn't care. I was lost somewhere everything was gone. I clutched on my head and sat there on the ground. I was wondering how I was going to handle myself. My whole body was shaking badly.

" Mr. Roberts, are you alright?" Someone asked but I wasn't in any mood of listening anyone.

' God, please do something and save my Naomi. I can't live without her. You know that. Please.' I prayed in my mind but the burning building in front of me was saying how my prayers has gone in vain. ' Why God?!! Why are you so cruel on me?!! Why are you taking my test like this?!! I have already failed, God. I am failed. I have no strength to fight anymore. I have had enough. You see!!! I am failed. What are you waiting for now? Finish me too. How am I supposed to live without her!!!' I screamed inside my head.

I again lost everything. I have no reason to live now. What will I do?! Suddenly I realized why my dad committed suicide. He had no other choice. He too felt like I am feeling now. There is nothing in front of me. I feel my world is blank.

" Look, there are someone in rooftop." Someone said. I didn't care to look at that. I know I will be just heart broken if I gather a little hope.

" There are someone." The cop said.

" Send the copter up there." One of the cop said. 

" Mr. Roberts, will you come with us for identification?" The cop said and my heart lurched in pain, it started bleeding now. Identification!!!! Why?! Why will I be go for identification!!!! Isn't she still like that?! Her ginger red hair, bright hazel brown eyes, that beautiful face?!! Her eyes which twinkle with pure emotions every time she looks at me!!! She is still there, right? She will look at me and smile like she always do?! I no need to go for identification. Why should I go for identification!!! Why I need to go!!! I can't face it. I can't do it. I am going to die the next moment I find out something gone wrong. I know still I have to go. I stood up and nodded my head.

" Yes, I will go." I said and followed him.

" Mr. Roberts, hold on yourself. Why are you thinking everything will be bad. It can be your fiance has already rescued and she is alive." The officer said.

" Cause, I am always unlucky." I said honestly.

" No, Mr. Roberts, it can be she is all ok." The officer said.

" If it was, she would've called me already." I said.

" I can understand your feelings. But why are you thinking negative?! Just be positive and let's wish she is alive. May be she has lost her phone or something else that she hasn't called you. She will call you soon." He said and I sighed. Soon we reached the hospital morgue. I was not in any mood of going inside. I prayed all my heart for the last time and went inside. The whole place was heavy with a odd smell of burning flesh but I was just lost my mind. I stood in front of the bodies. They showed me the first body I closed my eyes tightly. I slowly opened my eyes and I couldn't recognize the body. It was not her. They kept showing me one after another but I didn't found her.

" You don't think any of them is your fiancée?!" The cop said.

" No, I don't think so. They are not in a state of get recognized." I said honestly.

" Then we have to take the help of DNA test. Inform her family. We need to do it soon." He said.

Her family!!! How can I inform her family?!! If I inform them this there will be two funerals tomorrow. Her dad will die the next moment he hear about this. I can't do it. God!!! Why me?!! I walked fast to walk out of the hospital.

" Doctor, I am fine. You please, take a look on him. He is still scared." Suddenly a very very familiar voice came from the room I was passing through. Did I hear it right?!! I asked myself. I might be having hallucination. I started to walk again.

" What's his problem?" The doctor asked and I stopped.

" He is just so scared after that incident." The voice came. No I am not wrong. It's her. It's definitely her. I almost ran and entered the room.

" Don't worry, ma'am. Just -" the doctor stopped seeing me.

" Sir, I already am checking someone. You can come later." He said but I did a little care about it. The moment the girl sitting in front of him turned I felt whole the world stopped at once.

" Theo!!!" She said finding me standing at the doorstep. She stood up and ran to me. I threw the jacket away which I was holding and pulled her into a tight hug. I know I was hurting her now but I can't help with my insecurities. I kept hugging her.

" Theo, Theo. I am fine. Why are you crying?!" She asked and I just kept quiet to hold myself back. She broke the hug and cupped my face. She made me look at her. I looked at her and found her eyes were tearing.

" Look what you made me do?!! You made me cry with yourself you, crazy guy." She said and tiptoed. The next moment she kissed on my forehead. I felt a peace ran through my body. I hold her tightly. I just can't believe that she is ok. I am still feeling like she will be vanished the next moment I let her go.

" Aheeem." I heard the doctor clearing his throat.

" Yes, doctor?" She said. Trying to get out of my hold. But I pulled her more closer. She sighed and let me keep holding on her.

" Ma'am, what is his name?" The doctor asked looking at the person still sitting in front of him. It was a little boy. I was a bit confused.

" I will explain you later." She said and I nodded. And I didn't need to have any explanation. Cause, I knew what might happen.

" What's your name, baby?" She asked. The boy was still scared and looked at us terrified.

" No one will harm you. I am here, right?" She said and the boy blinked then nodded weakly.

" I am not going to let anyone hurt you. Trust me." She said caressing his cheek. He looked at her with his teary eyes, I can see myself in this boy. I don't know why. He is just like me. Broken little soul. I hope his family is alright. He looked at the doctor and spoke out with his teary and molten voice.

" Eugene Cassian." He spoke out at last.