If Things Are Sort Out

Theodore's POV

" Where are we going?" She asked me.

" Going for a coffee." I said.

" But where? We are going out of the city." She said curiously. I thought I will find distrust in her eyes but for my surprise there was none. I only found a little bit surprise and curiosity in her eyes. How can she trust me this easily!!!

" Yeah, we are going out of town, somewhere I always go for a coffee whenever I feel exhausted." I said.

" Why do you feel exhausted? I mean do you get exhausted often? " She asked.

" Work. Work is the main reason for that." I said and sighed. It was a lie from one side. I got exhausted thinking about my life. This life some time seems a curse to me. I am that person who has a terrible bad luck with family things.

" Mr. Roberts!!" I heard her calling me.

" Call me Theo, no need to formalities out of office." I said and concentrated on the road. I examined her with the corner of my eyes and found her smiling. I smiled inwardly. What is she thinking!!!

" Is that far away?" She asked.

" Are you afraid to go with me?" I asked.

" No, Mr. Roberts, I mean, Theo. I am not. I just wanted to inform my dad that I will be late at home. Otherwise, he will get hell tensed." She said and I smiled. I nodded.

" Ok, call your dad and inform him then. I don't want you or your family to get hurt moreover that's for me." I said.

She opened her wallet. She was searching for her phone. But she couldn't find it. I looked at her for a moment.

" What happened??" I asked.

" I can't find my phone." She said searching again and again.

" What!!!You can find your phone??" I asked.

" Yeah, I don't know how it got slipped." She said.

" Relax. Take my phone and call your dad." I said and gave her my phone. She took my phone and dialed her father's number.

" Hello, dad!!" She said as soon as the phone was picked up.
_____________________

" Yes, dad. It's Mr. Robert's phone. I lost my phone somewhere." She said.
_______________________

" No, dad. I won't get lost." She said and chuckled.
________________________

" Yeah, dad I will and I will be late at home. No worries. I will be home as soon as it possible. Just take your medicines on time. Love you, Dad." She said and waited for her dad to reply.
_________________________

" Ok, dad. Bye." She said and hung up.

" Can I have one more call?" She asked me.

" Sure." I said and smiled. She looked at me for a moment and nodded. I looked back at the road.

I always get a feeling that she is trying to read my eyes whenever she looks at me. She is like piercing my soul to know the deepest secret I have buried deep down my heart and never want them to come out of me.

" Hello, Who is that!!" She said.
_____________

" This phone is mine. Stop talking rubbish, Diego. Can't you recognize my voice!!" Who is Diego now!!!
_____________

" Stupid, listen to me first." She said.
_____________

" Yes, I told her, so?" She asked.
_____________