Not Surprising

Excelsior Hotel Gallia
Milan, Italy
8:00 AM

" So, you have decided to go there?" Mr. Hill asked Mrs. Hill.

" No, I am not going there." Mrs. Hill said looking at the road outside. It was seeming like it will rain soon.

" The girl will be waiting for you." Mr. Hill said.

" Let her wait, Jack. Suddenly why are you so concerned about Theo and that Edwards girl? Aren't you the one who has destroyed his life?" Mrs. Hill asked.

" Well, I am not the only one who did it. You were the one who did it also. Come on, We were partners in this crime. You can't blame me alone for this." He said.

" I no need to be reminded what I have done. This why I don't want to go there. It will only increase my hatred towards Theo." She said.

" You know, Camille, you can lie to yourself but not me. You can't lie to me." He said.

" Which lie?" She asked looking away.

" You can be a witch but even a witch loves her child. You can't hate him this extend. There is something wrong with your behavior. I got it nowadays you started to hide things from me." He said.

" Why are you thinking like that, Jack?" She asked.

" Just got this feeling. The day we reached Milan you are not acting normal. Like something haunting you." He said.

" Nothing. Just I am worried about Meryl. Nothing else." She said.

" Is that so? Then why were you calling him in sleep last night?" He asked and her eyes widened.

" Impossible. I wasn't. Don't irritate me, Jack. Leave me alone." She said.

" I would've left you alone but I have a duty towards you. After all you are my wife." He said.

" Yeah, wife. Now from where that word come?" She asked.

" Isn't that the truth?" He asked.

" Yeah, the bitter truth. The wife whom you used in every spare to get succeeded. Aren't you shameless?" She asked.

" I did everything for you. You can't hold me on the fault. I just wanted to make you happy." He said.

" Happy!!! We were happy before we met Adam. Everything was perfectly fine. We had a perfect life. But you destroyed everything, Jack. Yes, you did. I never needed this much. And the thing you are naming as my happiness actually was your greed. You were greedy. You tricked me and made my life miserable. I wish I had never met you or Adam any of you. I would be happy at least. I wouldn't be carrying this guilt for life. At least Adam could give me that respect I deserved but you!?? I was so stupid I should have shot you that day, Jack. I should've shot you. At least I had a family today who would love me." She said coldly.

" Today you are taking Adam's side. Very impressive." He said in hell cold tone.

" Don't show me your cold tone. I am no more afraid of you." She said.

" Who said you are afraid of me!!! You are ferocious tigress, right? Or I should I say the venomous snake who killed her own husband with her own hands!??" He said and she immediately stood up.

" I haven't killed Adam. I didn't kill him. It was your trick. I didn't killed him. I didn't." She shouted and clutched her head then knelt on the ground.

" It was accident but if you don't keep your mouth shut, I can prove it was you who killed Adam. You know you will lose the little love and respect of Theo he has for you." He said.

" I don't need his love or respect. I want him to hate me and stay away from me." She said slowly.

" Why is that?" He asked.

" His face." She stopped and gulped, " His face is exactly like his dad. He keeps me reminding about Adam. I hate this feeling. Seeing his face makes me want to kill myself. He makes me feel like Adam is looking at me asking his unanswered questions. I can't face him. It kills me from inside. I hate Theo just for this reason. He looks so close to his dad. He always reminds me how cruel bitch I was and I am. I still confused why he loves me?!!" She said.

" Cause, no child can hate his mother. It's natural." He said.

" No, Theo has to hate me. He has to." She said.

" You can't make him hate you." He said.

" He has to hate me. He should hate me." She said.

" I too want he hates you. But the reality is he won't." He said.

" He should hate a snake." She said.

" He should." He said.

She stood up and walked out of the suite. She walked out of the hotel and saw it was raining. She sighed and started to walk into the rain. She knows these ways so well. No, she didn't kill her husband. It was an accident. She couldn't kill him anyway. Somewhere in herself she was guilty for what she did to her husband and son. But she doesn't want to face her fault. She doesn't want to be forgiven. She wants to be in pain. The pain she is bearing from long back. She took turns after turns. She suddenly stopped and looked around. She found herself standing in front of the place she never wanted to come back. But her subconscious mind pulled her here. She felt herself trembling and she turned then walked as fast as she can to go far from the House. She doesn't know where she was going what she was doing just she knew that she wasn't going to be near that hoise.

She was walking randomly. She had no idea what was happening in her life now. Everything got out of control. She didn't realize when she stepped into the busy road. She was walking forgetting Everything. Suddenly she heard a loud horn of a vehicle which was rushing towards her with it's full speed. She realized what was going to be happened but it was already too late but not surprising for her. She was quite calm.