Not Heaven

Theodore's POV

" Sir, we are completed." My secretary Dora said.

" Ok, thanks. Meet me in my office. I need to talk about something with you." I said and she nodded smilingly.

" And Jeremy, you deal with Berlin's share holder until I come back." I said to my PA.

" Yes, sir." He said and I stood up gesturing Dora to follow me. I think it's time to tell her what she has to do and not come out of her range.

" So, Ms. Palmer." I said and she flashed me a smile. I felt disgusted with that.

" Yes, sir. You wanted to tell me something?" She asked.

" Yes, obviously. Otherwise you won't be here standing in front of me at this moment." I said.

" Yes, sure sir." She said.

" Haven't I told you before I won't allow any indecent dressing sense?? It's office not a bar." I said and her smile fall down.

" If you have any problems with my rules you can leave, I won't stop you. Number one" I said. " Number two, you don't have any right to know about my personal life. If you not stop bothering Jeremy always about my whereabouts I won't be hesitating to fire you." I said flatly. " Number three, last night you did a horrible thing. You know that right? I don't want you to repeat it." I said." I hope I no need to repeat myself. Do I?" I asked.

" Yes, sir." She said.

" Good to hear that. Now go back to your work. Stay in your limit." I said and she nodded then walked out in a not so pleasing way. I walked back to the meeting.

The meeting went in vain. I don't think the deal is going to be successful. It is not so impressing to me. I don't find it profitable. So, I am no more interested.

" Close the deal here." I said to Jeremy and he understood my gesture.

" Yes, Sir." He said and I walked out of the conference room. I went to my office and sat on my chair. I got a pile of work today. I sighed and started to check the first file. Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing. I was shocked. My phone!!! But I didn't even send Jeremy to get it. Who bring it back?!

I quickly took the phone. I saw Meryl's name on the screen. A smile crept on my face. Meryl is my only family in this world. Maybe we are not siblings but she is more than my sister.

" Hello, Cherry." I said smilingly.

" Don't Cherry me. I hate you. You forget me." She said angrily.

" No, Cherry. How can I forget you?" I asked.

" You did. You haven't call me last night to say goodnight." She said and I sighed. When will this little girl grown up!!!

" Sorry, Cherry. I lost my phone yesterday." I said.

" Lost your phone but you didn't lose yourself. You could call me from your landline." She said. She has a point.

" Yeah, I could but I was late at home." I said.

" Ok, then I can consider. But dare you forget to call me again!!" She threatened me.

" Yes, ma'am. I can understand. I won't be forgetting ever." I said.

" Hmm, good." She said, " OK, I will be going now my teacher is coming to class." She said.

" You are in school?" I asked.

" Yes. Bye. Take care. Talk to you later." She said and hung up. I sighed.

I was about to put the phone back on the table but I found there is an envelope. I was wondering what is this. Cause, I haven't saw it when I came in to talk with Dora. Someone put it after than that.

I took the envelope. It was a blue envelope. I opened it and got a letter. I slowly opened it.

"Mr. Roberts,
I think your phone is too much emergency for you. So, I sent it back. I hope you get it.
Naomi."

I smiled at the letter. Well, she could call me. Letter is a special way to express your message.

I leaned back and closed my eyes. I don't know what is going to be happen to with me. I can feel me going out of control. I let myself relax for a while. I heard a knock and the next moment Jeremy entered in my cabin.

" Sir, we closed the deal. You need anything else?" He asked.

" No, it's ok." I said.

" What happened, Theo. Are you alright?" He asked.

Jeremy is my friend since we were in the same orphanage. When I came back Italy we both were struggling. I started my business and he was with me. I made him my PA cause he was for my most trustworthy person in the world. I can trust him with my eyes closed.

" Nothing, just got a bad headache from last night." I said.

" Just headache?" He said sitting on the visiting chair.

" And less sleep." I said.

" Oh, I see. We are done for today. You can go home and take rest." He suggested.

" No, I have to check these files." I said.

" Give them to me. You go home." He said.

" What did Ms. Edwards told you last night?" I asked. He sighed.

" I think she has some anger issues. She was so much angry. I thought I have done something wrong to call you. First of all I thought I typed wrong number." He said. I laughed.

" Well, everyone has his reasons. We can't judge people. Besides, she was irritated with people's calls. It was disturbing her. Besides, Dora barked at her." I said.

" I told you before to fire this stupid. But you are not listening to me." He said.

" If she crosses her line, she will definitely be fired." I said.

" Good, then why I am here?" He said shaking his head. I smiled.

" Do you think I can be happy and get a family?" I asked him and he looked at me.

" Suddenly?" He asked.

" Just like that." I said.

" Well, if you let you stupid idea about 'being happy will hurt you in the end' go, you can be happy and not in heaven in this world." He said and I laughed.

" You think that's possible?" I asked.

" Nothing is impossible." He said. " You can be happy. All you have to do is just take the first step." He said and walked out of my cabin. I sighed.