We Let Our Kids Plan Our Day

Alex POV

Today is going to be a very fun and productive day! Today, I'm going to film a fun video with the kids and Lauren. We were going to film a "We Let Our Kids Plan Our Day" video! I'm super nervous to hear all the things Liam and Addison want to do today. Aaron is going to follow us around filming. Savy is only a few months old, so she won't be in this video. Savy is going to have a fun day with her Grandma, Aunties, and cousins Malaya and the twins.

Alex- Good morning! 

Liam- Good morning Daddy!

AJ- Morning!

Alex- What do you guys want for breakfast today?

Liam- Bacon, and waffles!

Alex- You want bacon and waffles? AJ, do you want that too?

AJ- Yeah!

Alex- Okay then!

I helped Lauren make the waffles and bacon for my boys. I'm so glad they didn't ask for ice cream or cookies. As soon as the food was ready, the boys gobbled up all the food! They were super hungry. After breakfast, I asked them what they wanted to do today.

Alex- Boys, what do you want to do today?

Liam- I want to go to the park!

AJ- Me too!

Alex- The park? Okay!

We hopped into my dad's car and I drove them to a nearby park. 

*At The Park*

As soon as we arrived at the park, fans came up to us and asked for pictures. We met SO MANY of them! Lauren and I kept a close eye on the boys while they played in the park. This park was HUGE! It had cool swings and slides. I might have had to squeeze through the play structure to reach AJ a couple times because he was too scared to get down by himself. After an hour, it was time to eat lunch. Lauren asked the boys what they wanted for lunch.

Lauren- Boys, what do you want to eat for lunch?

AJ- Food!

Lauren- *laughs* What kind of food?

Liam- Rainbow grilled cheese!

AJ- YEAH!

Okay, so the boys want rainbow grilled cheese. That's VERY specific. This request has brought us to the grocery store because there isn't a place nearby that has rainbow grilled cheese. We went to Target (yay!) and bought all the supplies needed to make this amazing dish Josh Elkin taught me to make on Wassabi Kitchen YEARS ago! After going to my 'favorite' store, we headed back to my parents' house and began making rainbow grilled cheese!

Alex- Boys, do you want to help Mommy and me make your lunch?

Liam and AJ- YEAH!

Lauren- Okay, what color first?

Liam- Blue!

Lauren- Okay, put the food coloring in.

After the preparation stage, it was time to grill the grilled cheese! Liam was sitting pretty close to me, so I told him not to touch the stove, pan, or anything near the stove. He really wanted to touch it though, I could tell.

Alex- Liam, don't touch it. It's really hot and it could burn you.

Liam- Okayyyyy

The grilled cheese was finally ready and I was proud. It looked really good. The kids ate it all, and they loved it. I asked them what they wanted to do next.

Alex- What do you guys want to do next?

AJ- Play with toys!

Liam- Yeah!

Alex- Well, okay! Go ahead!

Wow. I thought they'd ask me and Lauren to take them somewhere, but I guess they're done with that. Lauren and I actually had time to relax for a bit because the boys were just playing with their toys. That didn't last long though because thirty minutes later, Liam came up to me and asked:

Liam- Can we go swimming in the pool!?

Alex- You guys want to go swimming?

Liam and AJ- Yeah!

Alex- Okay. I'm down! Lauren! We're going swimming!

Lauren- Okay!

Lauren got the boys dressed in their swimsuits and we went to the backyard and got into the pool. Lauren and I wanted to go in the hot tub, but we couldn't because the boys wanted to swim in the big pool and AJ doesn't know how to swim yet. Liam is pretty good at swimming. He can do the backstroke and all these crazy flips in the water. AJ looked so cute! He was just freely floating around in a floatie. About an hour later, the boys were done swimming, and right after Lauren gave them a bath, they fell right asleep. They didn't have a nap today, so that's probably why. I set a cozy blanket on top of them, and a few minutes later all the girls came back from their fun adventure. 

Alex- Hi guys! 

Alex's Mom- Hi Alex!

Alex- Oh my gosh, hi Savy!

Alex's Mom- She was a good girl today!

Alex- Really? That's awesome! The boys are taking a nap on the couch. They're out!

Since I don't think the boys will wake up anytime soon, I think that'll be the end of the "We Let Our Kids Plan Our Day Video"! It was a lot of fun to film! I wonder what will happen the next time we do this...