The Surprise

Alex POV

It was Lauren's birthday tomorrow and I cannot wait to tell her what I got her. I got her a trip to a destination we have always wanted to go to again. I am really nervous about it because I received her father's blessing to marry her. I was going to propose to her in the secret destination. Our trip is exactly one week from now and I am super excited but nervous about the proposal. Lauren is everything to me and I hope she will become my companion for the rest of my life. I'm getting goosebumps because in a week I will know if my girlfriend will become my forever best friend.

*Next Day*

Lauren POV

I wonder what Alex will get me for my birthday. He told me it is gonna be the best present I will ever receive. But what would that be? I thought about it all night and couldn't sleep. I hope it'll be a good gift.

Alex calls me into the living room. I am nervous because I hate surprises.

Alex: Happy Birthday, Baby!
Alex gives me a quick kiss on the lips as I give him a big hug.
Lauren: So, what did you get me for my birthday?
Alex: I got you.....
The suspense is killing me right now!
Alex: A......
Cmon!
Alex: Trip to.......
Just say it!
Alex: The Philippines!
Lauren: OMG! That's perfect Baby! Thank you!

I lean in towards Alex's arms and he gives me a long hug. He tells me the trip is in one week and I seriously cannot wait!