Parents

Lauren POV

The test was positive! I can't believe I'm pregnant and that Alex's dream of becoming a father has come true. I tell Alex the good news and he starts to kiss me and hug me.

Alex: I can't believe it! I love you, baby.
He pulls up my shirt revealing my stomach and starts to kiss it. "I love you already.", he says while kissing it.

Alex POV
I seriously can't believe my Lauren is pregnant! I'm gonna be a father!
Moments later we call our family and friends to tell them that Lauren is pregnant. We told our parents by saying," You're going be grandparents!" They were in shock and couldn't wait. We told Malaya by saying," You're gonna have a cousin!" She didn't understand at first but then Mariah broke the news to her. She was super excited. Our entire friends and family were so surprised and couldn't wait for the baby to arrive.

*Few months later (In California)*

Today we were going to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! We were super excited. Lauren wanted a girl, but I wanted a boy. When we arrived at the doctors office, there was nobody there so it was weird. I guess that'll help us know the gender faster! The doctor put that gel on Lauren's belly and used the searcher thing to find out the gender. We were so excited and will be happy with either. The doctor said she knows the gender and told us it was a boy! We were so happy and we immediately
called our family to tell them that we were going to have a little boy. He was due on August 5.

*Months later*

It was the middle of the night and I feel Lauren trying to wake me up. "Alex my water broke!" , she said. I questioned it for a moment because it was one month before the due date. But she said, "Just in case, take me to the hospital!" So I grabbed all our stuff and rushed Lauren to the hospital.

*At the Hospital*

The doctor told us that Lauren was in labor so it was good I brought her here. I immediately called our parents to catch a flight to LA. They grabbed the next flight and said they were going to be here tomorrow evening.  A few hours later, I hear someone cry. It was my son!

Lauren POV

I can't believe he's here! On July 4, 4:57pm , our first son was born. His little cry is so cute. The nurse said, "What is this little guy's name?" Alex and I thought of a name a few weeks ago and told the nurse," Liam Gregory Burriss." Liam because my first name starts with L. Gregory because it was my father's name. Alex and I both loved the name. The nurse gave me Liam wrapped in a blanket and I held him for the first time. It was a magical moment. Then Alex held Liam. When I first saw Liam's face, he definitely looked like Alex when he was a baby. Liam had Alex's eyes and had my nose. He was perfect. This is one of the best days of my life. Liam was a tiny guy because he was born premature. The nurse weighed him and the scale read 5 pounds 4 ounces. He was definitely tiny but after the nurse checked him she told us Liam was a perfectly healthy baby! A healthy baby was all Alex and I could ask for. We were very thankful and embraced Liam on his first day on earth.