A Hard Goodbye

*Days Later*

NOVEMBER

Lauren POV

Alex and I are getting ready for our anniversary trip in a few hours. We are super excited! We haven't had much alone time away from the kids. We're having Aaron and Roni babysit them. Alex and I are almost married for 4 years! That's insane! I will never forget the day I said "I do" at our wedding.

A-Lauren!

L-Yeah?

A-Did you pack this yet? *Carries Liam and puts him into the luggage*

Li-*laughs*

L-*laughs* Oh my gosh! I almost forgot! Lemme zip up the luggage! *zips up the luggage very slowly*

Li- Mommy! Mommy! Don't zip me up!

L-*Let's Liam out of the suitcase* I'm just kidding, Buddy. I'd never do that to you. I love you. *kisses Liam* Are you gonna miss me and daddy when we leave?

Li-Yeah. *starts to cry*

A-Aw, Buddy don't cry. *hugs Liam* Mommy and Daddy will be back really soon.

Li- *tears rushing down* Really?

L-Yeah. It'll go by really fast because you and your brother are going to stay with Uncle Aaron and Auntie Roni! 

Li-Yay! I love Uncle Aaron and Auntie Roni!

I finished up packing up the boys' stuff for Aaron and Roni's house. We got into the car to drop them off. Liam was really sad and all I could hear was him crying and I saw tears rushing down his face. I felt so bad for him. The boys haven't been away from us for this long before, so it'll be different for them. Especially for Liam.  We arrive at Aaron and Roni's house and drop off the boys.

A-*rings doorbell*

L-*carries Liam* It's okay Buddy. Remember, we're gonna be back really soon, okay? 

Li-Okay. *minimal tears*

L-Mommy and Daddy love you and we won't leave you, we'll come back. Don't worry. *wipes Liam's tears*

Aa- *Opens door* Hi! Come in for a bit.

V-Hi guys!

A and L- Hi!

A-Liam is very emotional right now. He's sad because we're gonna leave

V-Okay. Aww, that's so sad.

L-Here's their stuff and here's AJ. *hands AJ to Veronica*

V- Aww, he's so cute! His cheeks are really chubby!

Aa- How old are these guys again?

A- Liam is 4 and Addison just turned 6 months old today.

Aa-Wow. They're getting so big!

A- Okay, well we gotta go. So, we'll see you guys in a week!

Aa and V-Bye guys!

A- Bye AJ! *kisses AJ* We'll miss you!

L-Bye cutie! *kisses AJ* Have fun with Uncle and Auntie. Be good!

Li-*Runs to Alex and Lauren and gives them a big hug* Don't go!

L- We'll be back before you know it. I love you, Buddy. *kisses Liam* Be good for Uncle and Auntie.

Li-Okay.

A-Uncle Aaron and Auntie Roni will take good care of you. *kisses Liam* I love you <3

*closes door*

I started to tear up during the drive to the airport because I felt so bad for Liam. He was so sad to see us leave. That tells me that he loves his Mom and Dad so much. This made me feel happy and sad at the same time. I didn't know how to feel. Alex starts to notice.

A-Baby, what's wrong?

L- I felt so bad for Liam! That's what.

A- Me too.

L- He's a clingy person, so I expected that. He loves us so much.

A-Yeah, he does. That says a lot. I miss both the boys already.

L- Me too.