A Miracle

NOVEMBER

Alex POV

I tried waking Liam up but he wouldn't wake up.

A-Liam? Liam? Are you there? LIAM!?
L-Liam? Baby boy, not today please no!!!
A-Mom dial 911! ASAP!
L-LIAM!? Liam? Liam? Your daddy and I love you so much! Please wake up! *kisses Liam*

My mom dials 911 and Lauren and I rush Liam to the hospital.

*At the Emergency Room*
Lauren POV

Alex carries Liam into the examination room. I hope my baby boy is alright! The doctors examine Liam. They were going to perform some tests on him so they asked us to leave the room.

D-Sir, Ma'am we're gonna have to ask you to leave the room for a moment.
A-But our son is in a life or death situation right now! We don't know if he'll be alive by the time we get back in this room!

I've never seen Alex so angry before. He was really angry. This tells me he really loves his family. That's why I married him. He's a very loving father.

D-Sir! You must leave the room.

Alex gives in and we leave the room.
We waited for what it seemed like forever. We kept peeking into the room Liam was in. Finally, the doctor opened the door and allowed us to come inside.

D-Mr. and Mrs. Burriss you may now come in.
A-How is he? Is he okay?
D-Liam's heart is still beating. But, he has hypoglycemia which is a low blood sugar. He's still "asleep" but he'll wake up in no time.
L-Thanks doc!
D-All I'm gonna ask you to do is to feed Liam sugary foods or drinks like orange juice every now and then to raise his blood sugar. He'll be fine after that.

Alex carries Liam back to the car and we drive home. That was probably the scariest moments of my life. I'm glad Liam's okay.

*Back at home*
Alex POV

Lauren and I kept a close eye on Liam all night. We let him sleep with us in our bed. We couldn't sleep because Liam didn't wake up yet. We were still kinda worried. We hugged him tight and held him close.

The next morning, I carried Liam to the living room and set him down on the couch. I put some blankets on top of him. Lauren came downstairs.

L-Baby, did he wake up yet?
A-No not yet.
L-I'm getting more worried now. My anxiety is kicking in.
A-I think he'll wake up soon though. I have a feeling he will. Baby, go make some breakfast. Don't worry I'll watch Liam.
L-Okay. What do you want for breakfast?
A-Pancakes and bacon sound good. It's Liam's favorite. Hopefully, he'll wake up by the time you're done making breakfast.
L-Okay.

Moments later I start to play Liam's favorite song and I notice his eyes twitching.

A-Baby, look!
L-What!?
A-Liam's moving! Liam?
L-Really!?

Liam starts to move and I hear him yawn. Thank God he's alive!

A-Liam? Buddy? It's Daddy!

Li- *faintly* Daddy? Mommy?

L-Liam?

Li-*yawns and sits up*

Lauren and I hug and kiss Liam. We can't believe it!

A-Buddy, Mommy and I missed you!

Li-What happened?

L-Ummm *looks at Alex* well you fell asleep for a long time!

Li-Oh.

A-Since we're here let's talk about something.

L-Yeah.

A-Liam, Christmas is next month!

L-What do you want Santa to get you for Christmas? It can be anything.

Li-Ummm I want a bike!

A-You want a bike? That's a cool thing to wish for.

L-We'll see if you get it next month, okay?

A-Santa only gives toys to the good boys and girls. Have you been a good boy?

Li-Yeah!

L-Keep it up and you'll get that bike!

Our families started to wake up and they were all excited that Liam was okay. They were all worried sick!

*A Week Later*

It was time to say goodbye to our families. We dropped them off at their airport and said our goodbyes. We were going to see each other in a few weeks for Christmas in North Carolina.

After we dropped them at the airport, we all decided to grab some lunch. We chose to eat at Cheesecake Factory!

A-*vlogs* We're gonna eat at Cheesecake Factory! Cheesecake Factory! Aye! Aye! Cheesecake Factory! Cheesecake Factory! Get it get it get it! Oooh! Okay. Liam's breaking it down! Look at those moves!

L-Dang Liam! Where'd you get those dancing skills from?

A-Hahaha obviously from me!

A fan approached us and asked to take a picture with us. That one fan attracted even more fans! We took about 15 pictures in 10 minutes. After that, we finally made it to the Cheesecake Factory! We were starving!

Lauren POV

As we were eating, I got a little emotional. I looked over at Liam and Alex. They literally looked the exact same from my angle! I can't believe only 3 years ago Liam was born. It seemed like only yesterday! Now I have Addison on the way. When Addison is here we would be a family of 4, which is insane! I held back my tears, but Alex started to notice.