"Is this what your Mafia people do? Kidnap women and expect them to be nice?" I snapped, clenching my jaw.

She sighed in frustration, "Look, I know you are mad. And by all means, nobody is stopping you. But stop asking so many questions, it is annoying."

When her mobile buzzed, she fished it out of her jeans and walked away. As I stood their contemplating the ways and trying to keep my desperation for answers at bay, I found myself flinching with the sudden increase of pain.

Eiden came back after some seconds and said, "Have you applied the liniment on your ribs?"

"Um, what are you talking about?"

"The doctor said that you have a deep cut there and he suggested for you to keep applying it to reduce the pain."

The images of Aaron digging the knife on the area just below my breast suddenly flashed in my mind and I cleared my throat, blinking several times to ignore the searing tightness of my heart. I managed to give her an imperceptible smile and nodded.

"Are you okay? You look pale," she gave me a skeptical look.

"I just- Uh, I'm fine. Really," I turned around, walking inside my room while looking for the liniment. When I found it, I sat down on the bed and kept it with the along with the medicines. All the while, She kept watching my every move.

"You are keeping an eye on me or what?" I asked.

Eiden laughed, her voice echoing through the empty room as I eyed her manicured hands. The smile never wavered, something dark and mysterious about the way which reminded me of promises.

"No, Ava. I'm not. But we would be getting a lot together than you would have thought. Now, let's go and see your friend."

"You still didn't tell me about it earlier. What does he wants from me?"

Her smile faltered but she answered anyway, "Family business. And...you are the only person who is keeping to thrive us."

•••

"Is this a trap or something?" I muttered while following Eiden closely behind, who kept walking down every hallway. I felt the eyes of guards burning on my back with every turn and tried to ignore their suspicious gazes.

"And what makes you think it as a trap?" She questioned, her voice shaking in humor.

"Because you are walking for like... hours and I swear I won't be able to feel my legs anymore if I don't stop by now."

She chucked, "You sound like a weak person. And it's literal."

"Try to say that with welts on your back."

Eiden threw a glance at me and replied, "I know how exactly it feels like. Trust me; I have suffered like this for years."

I paused, actually feeling bad for her. "I'm so sorry."

"Do not be. It's in the past and it's best to not be remembered. You do not hang on to the mistakes of your life forever, there's always one way or another to move on and start over."

If what I just heard wasn't really something for me...

With that said, she stopped in front of a huge door guarded by two men who looked ready to kill whoever dared to cross them. Eidan simply passed them and nodded, they took the cue to open the doors and let us in. I smiled as soon as I saw Drake sitting on a couch with his forehead creased in worry but my smile didn't last long since the man who kidnapped us was right there before my eyes.