Chapter 33

OLIVIA'S POV

"If only Henry was smart enough then maybe he wouldn't have died in Spiderman2."

"IPhone is better than Samsung!"

"English is more simple than mathematics."

"Nicki Minaj is actually better than Cardi B."

Those were the discussions that filled my ears and they all made me angry.
I looked from left to right, looking for a reasonable conversation I could engage myself in, or a book I could read just to keep myself busy.

Uzor had been slayed by the pain of mensuration. So we couldn't gist.

Darnell was an art student, so I didn't get to talk to her often.

Jayden, David and Jason engaged themselves in whatever that was interesting to them.

Everybody's voice irritated me. And I immediately missed my old class. I just wanted my squad back and I wished my dad never tried to compare me to my cousins.

"You are the only grandchild in secondary school. Look at Almond and Alex, they are already professionals on the field."

"Your Nana is chewing my ass about how lazy you are and that you're wasting money in secondary school."

"Be a good girl and skip SS2 for me."

"You don't have a choice, I've already enrolled you to write the external exams."

Those were my dad's frustrating words. If only he allowed me to be different then maybe he wouldn't have to compare me to my cousins. It's not like I'm nineteen like Dele. He was just rushing me.

I wanted my old life back. When I was just the normal nerd, when my dad didn't have to worry about what his mom said and when I never knew people in Jayco Academy.

* * * *

"I'll see you later class, have a nice day." With those words the new female chemistry teacher left our class.

Ding ding ding.

It was lunch time. Finally!

I immediately stood up, I was damn hungry and I needed to go to meet my squad. I missed all of them and today was a little bit blue for me.

"Babe, abeg, can you help me buy meat pie, chivita and cupcake? If they don't have cupcake, replace it with jam doughnut, but if they have--"

"Wait, wait! I didn't even say I'll go and you're already making a list." I said.

"Uzor, sorry ehn." Timini said as he walked towards our seat, he cupped her cheeks into his hand and then pecked her on her forehead.

Awwww

The SS3s could literally do anything they liked, as long as there was no strict teacher present in the classroom.

"I didn't know it was gonna come this early, I thought it was next tomorrow. And I already bought the things you like but I forgot them at home. But don't worry sha, I've already sent Christopher to get you ice-cream." Timini said.

Uzor and Timini were dating. You guessed right!

I was wondering what a beautiful girl like Uzor saw in a not so fine Timini.

But when I asked, she said, "Looks don't matter, it's the heart that matters."

So cute!

No doubt Timini was a very wonderful boyfriend and he left me wondering if I'll ever get someone like him. Or even better.