Chapter 37

OLIVIA'S POV

I was sitting in class, staring right outside the window, watching the trees dance to the rhythm of the wind, cars speed pass my eyes, people running helter-skelter, and I just frown at how dark the sky was getting.

I hated rain. It made me feel like the world was ending.

My mom had died on a rainy day.

Everything about rain didn't feel right.

The exams were getting closer and I was getting more nervous, excited, scared and so many other weird feelings.

I'd been topping the class, with a really tough competitor. Jayden. Yes...you saw right! Even though he was all cocky and audacious, he was a brilliant soul and when I discovered that he was actually a genius, I fuckin' fell deeper for him.

I'd been able to deceive Mimi that I'm still carrying on with the plan, and she looked induced.

I don't know if he was getting tired of me already. It'd been a week and five days though, and I was probably just being hyperbolic.

If he eventually got tired of me, I was certainly gonna leave heartbroken because with the way he acted, the things he said, how drop-dead gorgeous he looked, how he held me, and those quiver-ish touches; I didn't think I want him to get tired and leave.

Nobody knew we were dating except his sister, his cousins, his bestfriend «who looked really bitter about the whole idea», Uzor, Timini, Christopher «who started acting cold towards me» and Lillian and her squad.

They'd all been freakin' cooperative, except Lillian. She desperately wanted to blow the cover. But who cared? The Cokers owned the school, so they could practically do anything they wanted.

"...Peters!" My name echoed in the quiet class, I turned my head to see more than twenty pair of eyes staring at me. My classmates and our form teacher who was standing in front of the class. "Are you paying attention?" My form teacher asked me.

I nodded profusely.

"Oya, come and solve this equation!" His virile voice filled the air.

First of all, I obviously wasn't paying attention and now this old korean monkey wanted to make me disgrace myself in a combined class of all the SS3 students.

I walked to the front of the class with soppy palms filled with sweat. I took the smart pen from him and I stood there looking at the smart board like I was some kinda mannequin.

I activated the smart pen and started solving the equation, when I didn't know what to write anymore, I stopped.

"Who can help her out?" Mr Akintola voiced out.

"Let me try." Jayden's voice sent shivers down my vertebral column. I didn't turn around but I knew he was the one who spoke.

I was addicted to him that I can tell the difference between his breath and someone else's breath.

I felt hot as he came closer, he looked at me, gave me a flirty look before sending me a wink, he took the smart pen from me and his skin brushed pass mine.

I gasped.

I walked back to my seat with different pair of eyes burning my skin, I sat down, watching Jayden solve the math with so much pride in him.

*Hissing in French*

I felt a hand touch my back and I tilted my head, knowing fully well who sat behind me. He passed me a piece of paper under the table and I collected it from him.