Chapter 29

OLIVIA'S POV

My life was a total mess right now and same thing applies to my brain. It had been three weeks since Jayden told me those lies.

At least that was what they sounded like.

I've gone deeper into my shell, and I'm sure my dad thinks I'm going crazy, my mom is the only one who knows about my messy life, and she understands me perfectly.

Mimi and Almond are somewhere in Canada having their fun and I'm just here, soaking naked in a bathtub filled with water.

Ever since we moved to Lagos my life has been a miserable one. But it's more miserable now that I'll be writing JAMB and WAEC with the SS3s.

You know what that means? Death sentence!

Sitting in the same classroom with my ex boyfriend and the guy that I'm trying to run from, for nine hours in a day. Hardest thing ever.

I made a vow that I was never gonna step my foot into the SS3 classroom until they've all graduated, but too bad my dad is gonna make me sit with them for the remaining days of my high school life.

-

"You're the worst set of SS3s that I've ever seen," Mr Nduka yelled as soon as the class went quiet.

"Look at people that want to write exams, look at how disorganised you are!" He yelled further in his strong igbo accent.

"Instead of you to be reading your books you're here making noises that won't help you in the future." He continued.

"Mr Akintola, I'm really disappointed, you're in this class and it’s this rowdy. Like a market place." He shook his head, in disappointment.

Mr Akintola was the school's least respected teacher, no one gave a fuck about him, when he was in class he was just like a shadow, he was a not so rich teacher and he was the student's man.

He literally begged the SS3s for money and they always gave him at least N10,000 and that's why he was taken for granted.

I was standing in front of the class, beside the principal and all eyes except Jayden's were on me. He was busy on something that looked like a book.

Meanwhile, Dele looked like he wanted to shoot a bullet to my head, he looked at me with proper disgust, he took a quick look at Jayden and then looked back at me with a smirk across his lips.

Mr Akintola was the form teacher for SS3, so he had to do some registration for my name and I had to introduce myself like I was some kinda new student and still Jayden didn't look up at me.

I walked to the second to the last row and I sat with a pretty familiar girl.

Where have I met this girl?

Where??

Mr Akintola had already left the class with the principal.

"Ehen, madam Nicki Minaj, abeg, when my friend comes, you'll kindly stand up and look for somewhere else to sit, maybe you can sit with Uzor, but definitely not here." She eyed me, then focused her eyes on Jayden who sat at the back seat.

"Okay."

That was quite harsh.

I quietly stood up before her so called friend would come, took my backpack and walked to an empty seat that was beside a girl that looked ‘not okay’.

She was really pretty and I guess she was the Uzor.

"Hi!" She greeted, smiling.

The most beautiful smile I had ever seen.