Chapter 39

OLIVIA' POV

I had woken up from the weirdest dream ever. On a Saturday morning. I picked up my phone and I decided to text Jayden-to wish him a happy birthday-and I hoped he wouldn't be too busy replying other people's messages. My eyes darted to the beautiful Versace dress, that was hanging on a cloth hanger, on the wall that was facing my bed. I felt doleful as soon as my eyes met with the dress.

He spent so much on the dress, and my mom's death day decided to be on his birthday. That was to say, I lost my mom today, and coincidentally, Jayden's birthday happened to be today.

This is where you say....

"Life is a bitch." I muttered.

Today made it twelve years since my mom died and every year my dad and I would visit her grave, to pay tribute to her.

People preferred to visit cemeteries in the morning, but my own dad decides to visit the cemetery in the evening, around six. Why?

Around six in the evening, is that not when all the ghosts of the dead people would wake up and start disturbing people?

He said he had work to do in the office and that was why he wanted us to go in the evening. I mean, this guy owns the company and he could take a break any time, any day.

But no! 'Old man' decided to punish me for no reason, because I really didn't understand why he would put work before my late mom's tribute.

I lazily stood up from my bed, slid my feet into my fancy Spongebob bedroom slippers, I adjusted my night gown and I pulled my pant out of my ass.

Yes... It happens a lot, especially when you have an ass like Kim Kardashian.

My phone rang and I picked up the call.

"Bitch, you're so mean! Why aren't you coming nau?"

"Mimi, today's my mom's death anniversary. Old man has strictly interdicted me from attending parties, plus I'm starting WAEC exams on Wednesday, and according to him, I shouldn't be partying. It's a sick day, Mims. A really sick day." I ran my hands over my braided cornrows.

"I'm sorry, sweets. You didn't really tell me. I thought maybe that 'kook' of a boyfriend did something to you. I was ready for a fight ehn!"

I chuckled.

"Don't worry sha, I'll make sure I upload everything on snapchat and instagram, then I'll give you gist on what and what happened."

"Okay! I wish we could switch lives." I sighed.

"Abeg joor, You don't wanna be me."

"Mims, mom needs your attention!"

Jayden's background voice filled the phone speaker. My heart skipped a beat when I heard his voice.

"I have to go now." I quickly said.

"Oya, bye. Happy house arrest sha"

I heard her chuckle before I hung up. Why was I acting like this?

I threw my phone on the bed and I made my way into my bathroom.

* * * *

"Olivia, are you ready?" My dad said as soon as he stepped into my room.

"Yes dad, I am." I quickly pressed the off button at the side of my phone and stood up from my bed.

I got into the black sleek 'G wagon', sitting at the back seat with my mom and my dad, Bode was at his weekend painting class, so he wasn't coming with us. Mr Patrick started the engine and we zoomed off.