Chapter 56

~Confession~
OLIVIA'S POV

"Mom." I looked from her eyes to Majid, and from Majid's to hers. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked.

The dimmed light could have been deceiving but, I knew the face I was seeing, it was my step-mom. Step-mom killed my mom, was poisoning my father, and was the mother to Majid or would I rather say Wole. This was a dream that was just too real.

"M-my dear, how..how did you get in? When did you get here?"

I needed someone to catch me because I was about to collapse. It was truly my step-mom. It was her! She had been the voice in my nightmares, she was the evil tormenting me.

You're strong. You're strong. You're strong.

I immediately became calm, even though I wanted to strangle this woman to death. I just couldn't believe that I had been living with my mom's murderer. She was just too perfect to even have such secrets. I loved this woman...

But not anymore. Not anymore!!!

"Mom, thank you so much, I was just thinking about how hungry my darling husband would be, that was why I quickly rushed in. Thanks for coming to my aid." I walked to her and then hugged her.

Her once comforting hug, now burnt my skin.

"Oh okay." She muttered. I could see fear in her eyes, and I tried so hard to keep the fast growing hatred aside. "You just came in?" She asked.

"Yes, I just came in, like three seconds ago. I just didn't see anybody at the counter, that's why I quickly rushed in. But thank God you're here." I tried to fake a smile, but my acting was just going sour.

"Being in the police station, doesn't mean you'll deny me my early morning kiss." Majid said, as he spread his arms wide.

Somebody hold me, so I don't bury my teeth in this guy's body.

"Babe, you're all dirty, come on." I walked over to him, and hugged him, just to avoid his dirty mouth touching mine. I was irritated.

Hearing all they had said was like someone peeing in my ears, wait, that would have been better; it was like someone pouring hot water into my ears.

And....

I still didn't understand why I was acting this way, I was supposed to be holding a knife in the air, chasing this two around like a mad woman.

Why was I so calm? I just found out that the man I made sacred vows with was my number one downfall, and the woman I called 'mother' was a two faced sneaking crook.

How did she manage to keep up with this acting for years? What did my mother do to her? Why did she want my father dead?

For more than twenty years, she had planned this. This woman deserved some accolades. She was even much more organised than the Federal Government.

"Majid, my dear son-in-law I'll be leaving now...I'll come around later in the evening, I need to take care of my husband...." She announced as she picked up her handbag, "My dear.." She faced my profile, "I'll see you at home, okay. Take care of your husband o! Just take everything easy, you hear."

Wow! What an actress!

"Yes mom." She tried to pull me into another hug but I declined by moving back. "Mom, enough of the hug, you need to go home to dad now." I tried to smile but my lips just couldn't move.

"What is wrong with this one? Hug me joor!" She grinned, as she moved closer to me and then finally pulled me into a forced hug. "See your stiff body." She teased.

"I'll see you guys later." She briefly waved at Majid before leaving the interrogation room.

One would never suspect them to be mother and son.

"How are you?" His voice made way into my ears.

"I'm good, I'm sorry I came late. I didn't expect mom to be here this early, after I told her yesterday."

We both settled on the chair—now facing each others profile with the wooden table demarcating us.

"I'm sorry you had to spend the night here. To be honest I didn't sleep well too."

"No, stop with the apology. I should be the one apologizing, I was being too mean yesterday and I'm sorry." His hands found a way to tangle with mine which slept on the table. Heck, his touch burnt me like a blazing sword.

"I love you, Olivia. You're my wife and when I get out of here I'll make it up to you."

"Why are you suddenly nice? You were colder than ice yesterday." I raised an eyebrow at our newly found 'Jonny Depp.'

"The shock of the arrest, everything got me down. I was really happy to see your mom this morning and yunno she talked some really encouraging words into my head."

"I'm glad she could cheer you up."

"We have a case coming up on Friday. This people that I don't even know don't wanna back down." He revealed. "I just felt you've gone through a lot for my sake, that's why I told the lawyer not to tell you a thing."

"Darling," I called out.

"Hmm" He answered looking at me.

"I heard something and I want you to tell me if it's true," I gritted my teeth as I watched him, "I don't believe it though, and that's because I trust you. I want you to tell me everything you know about this case, don't lie to me. I'll get you out of here, I'll cancel the contract, and whether it's true or not I'll stand by you and we'll go through it together." He gave my hand a tight squeeze.

"I know nothing about this, I swear to God. I don't even know this people."

So the devil knows God.

"Tell me the truth, tell me everything you told your lawyer. If you could confine in her, then I want you to be a hundred times much more comfortable with me. I've kept most of your secrets and trust me, I'll keep this one to my very own grave. Tell me, tell me everything...every single thing." I looked into his eyes and the voice I used on him seem to work.

I watched as he battled with his subconscious. "It all happened the night when..."

Let it out, Wole.

---------------
THANKS FOR READING
Don't forget to vote and comment.

- - -

*Alights from the agege bus*

Hope y'all doing great? Thanks for supporting MAY...we reached 11k already. *screams*

Step-mom was just an innocent old woman awaiting her grandchildren.....but we all knew wrong. Soooo wrong.

What really is her reason?

Who else thinks Majid is about to lie?

See y'all in the next chapter. 💞