Chapter 15

Thanks for making it this far in my book.

-

OLIVIA'S POV

"I'm happy I got the contract, we are rich!" Dad screamed in excitement, engulfing my mom in a hug. "All thanks to that boy, he's good at what he does, I want Bode and Olivia to be just like him, and can you believe that he's just sixteen?" He told my mom as he released her from his hug.

"Seventeen." I corrected, "Dad, please, I'm sure he isn't even worth the hype." I rolled my eyes.

He ignored my nonchalant attitude and focused on mom, "I'll be taking you guys out to celebrate the company's victory."

"No daddy, I've got somewhere to go," I informed.

When your parents are happy, that's the perfect time you ask for anything.

"Where?" He asked.

"Miranda's house. To study." I lied.

"By what time?" He asked.

I scratched my neck in guilt, "6:00"

"Okay, don't be long." He instructed.

"Okay, daddy. Thank you." I cooed, rising from the couch and racing up the stairs to go get ready for my first date. The excitement in me was like a rumbling volcano.

-

"You look beautiful." Bamidele complimented as he held open the door to the front passenger's seat.

He was wearing a black hoodie, dark blue jeans and black sneakers, while I had on, a white flared knee-length gown and a pair of matte black ankle boots.

"Thanks," I said, hopping into the car, and settling down in it, he shut the door and I watched as he went around the car to occupy the driver seat.

He got into the car, inserted the key into the ignition, roared the engine to life and zoomed out of the estate.

Our silence was uncomfortably deafening, apart from Asa's 'Jailer' which played, and the sound of the moving car, nothing else could be heard.

"Nice car." I complimented, breaking the silence.

"Thanks, got it from my dad when I clocked eighteen last year."

"Oh," I muttered. "I thought you were seventeen."

"Nope, I'm eighteen and I'll be nineteen by August, 22nd." He said, focusing his attention on the road.

"So, where are you taking me to?" I inquired.

"It's a surprise." He answered.

"Okay, Mr surprise, hope your surprise is positive." I chuckled.

"It sure is." He nodded. "Olivia?" He called in a sternly deep voice.

I loved how he called my name, and it made me feel things, "Yes." I answered, my voice coming out a little timorous as I tilted my head to look at him.

"Can I ask you a question?"

My heart skipped but I 'hmmed' giving him a go-ahead.

"Why are you so beautiful?"

My heart exploded, my brain spun faster than a spinning wheel, and oh, let's not talk about the butterflies in my stomach, and the heat on my cheeks. "I-I don't know. I guess I got it from my mom."