Chapter 34

OLIVIA'S POV

"I'll make Lipton tea for you to calm your nerves, then I'll send Ekaete to help you massage your head. You'll have to start taking the drugs, so that it'll reduce the swollen eye." My mom said, as she tucked me carefully into the duvet on the bed.

"Can you not send Ekaete to my room." I told her weakly.

"I would have done it myself but I have some paper works to do." She said tiredly.

"Okay!" I tried to roll my eyes but a sharp pain hit me.

She pecked my forehead and she left the room. The best part of having a swollen eye was that I'd have to skip school for some time.

One week baby! One whoollle week.

To get away from school and him.

People have exes, right? But their exes just don't wake up one morning and just hate them like hell. I really didn't know why Dele hated me so much, to the extent that he wanted my eye blind.

Why is Natasha still dating him? Does he slap her and send her killer punches, and then comes back to buy her with flowers and chocolates? No, he doesn't. If not I'll be seeing bruises on her. Maybe he does because I haven't seen Natasha for a very long time now.

This guy was in high school for crying out loud, why was he training himself to become a woman beater?

Sorry to Dele's future wife.

My phone rang and I stretched my hand to get it, with my head spinning like a spinning wheel. I picked up the call with one eye.

"How's your eye? I wish I could punch the two at the same time, so you'll go blind and leave him alone." Dele's monstrous voice filled my ear from the phone's speaker.

"I really don't understand you, Dele. What do you want from me?" I was suppose to yell but I just couldn't yell.

"I want you to stay away from my bestfriend! You're not his type and you're not his class." I heard him say angrily.

"You should actually tell your friend to leave me alone b--"

"Shhhhh! This time you got punched, next time you'll get shot, don't come close to him!" He yelled and then hung up.

What was this guy's problem? How did I even get to know him, talk more of dating him?

I threw my phone beside me and I shut my eyes, the first face that actually appeared in my blank brain made me open my eyes back.

Jayden.

Why was he everywhere in my head?

I knew I hurt him but he was not suppose to haunt me, it wasn't my fault. Dele set me up, and now Jayden thinks I was just a heartless emotionless heartbreaker.

I just pray he doesn't hate me.

I closed my eyes and decided to meditate.

* * * *

"Ah... My eye! Small small." I alerted Ekaete who was massaging my head. [Be careful]

"Doh mayam." She petted with apologetic eyes.[Sorry, ma]

"Thank you."

"But mayam, when you know say you no sabi fight, why you con go fight na?" She asked me. [But ma, why fight when you know nothing about fighting?]