Chapter 16

OLIVIA'S POV

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dear Olivia,
Happy birthday to you." My parents sang, their voice drawing me out of the dream world. My eyes slowing opened and I innerly screeched as the sun rays coming from the window hit my iris.

My eyes adjusted to the scenario of my bedroom, and standing right beside me were my parents;
My mom, holding a huge chocolate cake in her hand, and my dad with two golden balloons that signified '16'.

"Happy birthday, my baby." Dad smiled as he leaned towards my face and then planted a peck on my forehead.

"Happy birthday, darling." My stepmom said, carefully placing the cake on my bedside drawer.

"Thank you so much mom, I forgot," I confessed, lazily sitting up on the bed.

I stretched out my arms and hugged them respectively before they proceeded to take a sit on my bed.

"Let's pray," Mom ordered as she stretched out her hands so we could hold onto it.

We prayed for a few minutes, asking God to bless my new age, extend my life span, and all of the other birthday prayers. After the brief prayer, I cut my birthday cake in bed, ate until I felt like throwing up.

"Oya, it's okay now. Stand up and go get ready for school." Dad instructed, placing the remaining cake on my bedside drawer.

"Dad, I thought I'd get to skip school since it's my birthday," I whined, sticking out my bottom lip.

"No nau, school's important, and by the way, I have a surprise for you after school. And if you don't leave your mother and I wouldn't be able to pull it through, now get up, get in the bathroom, and leave for school," My dad instructed, pulling me by the arm, "Come on, come on."

I chuckled, and reluctantly got up from bed, "Okay. You guys can leave now."

"You get into the bathroom first, then your mom and I would leave."

I playfully rolled my eyes and made my way into the bathroom. Few seconds after getting into the bathroom, I heard my room door close.

My mind travelled to Miranda. it's her birthday too. Then, my head went straight to my phone; it should be blowing up with messages.

With my toothbrush in my mouth, I hurried out of the bathroom and walked straight to the socket where my phone was charging.

I haven't been with my phone for four days because dad took it away from me; it was part of the punishment I had to serve for being... In dad's words, an 'irresponsible teenage daughter'.

I turned on my data and just like I expected, messages started to troop in.

Awwww.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayden🐔
Happy birthday, baby face.
Llnp.
I've got something for you!🎁🎁
12:00am

-

Mimi💞
Happy birthday to us.
I've waited so long for this moment.👠👙
12:02am

Mimi
I miss you, bitch.
Can't wait to see you in school 2moro.🎆🎇🎊🎉
12:02am