Chapter 31

"Stay with me, let me be yours and I'll never hurt you." He told me, his eyes pleading as he held onto my wrist.

I froze and looked fixedly at him.

"Your silence is breaking me. Say something." He impelled, pulling me into a nearby classroom, which no student occupied at the moment.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, shaking my head negatively; This time I let the tears I'd been holding back from him, rolled down my face.

He immediately pulled me into a hug and I felt safe, I felt really safe. His arms around me were so soothing.

"Talk to me, whatever the problem is, I'll try to solve it." He urged, speaking under his breath, as he ran his hand up and down my back.

"Mayam, Mayam!"

His voice became feminine, not just feminine but it also had a calabar accent.

"Mayam!"

That was when I fell into reality, it was all a dream. I was dreaming about the guy I was supposed to be hating.

"Mayam, gerrup! School fis ye waste", Ekaete called from the real world, tapping me on the shoulder. (Madam, get up! School fees dey waste!)

Boom! Her calabar accent has started making my ears bleed.

My eyes snapped open and standing before me was a dark skinned girl. "Abeg, get out!" I yelled.

Startled, she hurried out of the room, not failing to leave her trademark behind. The fish smell.

Even with the expensive soaps and deodorant mom gave to get, her fish smell still stood adamantly-- I pondered.

Being fully awakened, I rubbed the back of my palm over my eyes, before snatching the iPhone that rested on my bedside drawer. I hastened to my Whatsapp and I pressed on Jayden's contact, took a deep breath and texted him. After one month of ignoring him? Wow, you're crazy.

Me
I need to talk to you, please.
7:02am

If I wanted to be at peace, I had to start by talking to the one person that was the main reason why for my troubles.

Jayden
She's finally in love with me!

But wait...This one that you added 'please', iyam not understanding.😕
7:05am

It's kinda creepy.👹
Olivia is never polite.
7:05am

Me
Haha funny.😒
7:05am

I could tell he was happy to get a message from me, and it made me sort of happy that he hadn't hated me yet.

I read his next message and a smile spread across my lips, I shook my head, turned off my phone and I jumped out of bed. Time to get ready for school.

-
"....So you're telling me that Dele wants you dead?" He inquired, trying to fight himself from laughing.

I nodded like a toddler.

The next thing I saw was a teenage boy laughing helplessly in an disused classroom behind school.

What was funny?

"Listen, I'm serious and I just thought you should know that your best friend threatened to stab me." I explained, but he wasn't taking me serious at all and that irked me.