Chapter 6

Saturday, 6:10 pm.

-
If there was something you should know about me, then it was coming late to a party.

I was a fuckin' attention seeker.

My stepmom finished with my makeup and I looked beautiful. Aside from being a workaholic like my dad, my new mom was a freakin' good make-up artist.

My makeup wasn't heavy like all these club girls that their eyelashes would get to the event before them. It was light makeup and I added a nude gloss on my lip.

She nailed my makeup.

"Thanks, mom." I smiled at her.

"This girl you're fine o, don't let all these small boys deceive you." I laughed at her comment.

I just love this woman.

"Oh My God, Bode!" She ran to the corner were Bode was silently sitting, he had lipstick on his lips and his teeth.

I laughed at the sight of him.

"This child, you won't kill me, no wonder you were quiet all this while." She carried Bode in her arms. "Let me go and bath this yeye boy." We both laughed and she left with Bode in her arms.

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and I was extremely satisfied with my look. I was wearing a jumpsuit which revealed my cleavage, It was a see-through jumpsuit. I put on my black high heels and sprayed my perfume.

I didn't look all high school-ish.

I walked down the stairs and I saw my dad watching T.V, he obviously heard my heels kissing the black marble tiles, so he immediately turned his head facing my direction.

"Where to, young lady?" He looked at me from head to toe.

"A p-party." I stammered.

My dad can look at your outfit and tell you to go change, no matter how covered it could be.

God, please, let this man not complain.

"Look at your boobs outside, this outfit is too tight nau. Are you a club girl?"

"Dad, there's nothing wrong with it nau, even mom approved it!" I frowned. "I'll be sixteen in two weeks and you're still debating on my clothes. Dad, please, this is a new era and besides, it's an all-girls party, if it's the boys you're worried about." I lied.

I couldn't believe I was lying to my dad just so guys could drool over my body.

What happened to the old innocent Olivia? Times have changed.

I'm sure my friends wouldn't be dressed like choir mistresses. *rolls eyes*

"That means, you'll start paying your school fees since you're now a big girl." He shook his head. "Now, go inside and change." I was about to turn around to go change when my saving grace emerged from the stair with a powder-covered Bode.

"Honey, leave her alone nau, it's her time o." She placed Bode on the chair and sat with my dad. "Allow her go." She said whilst smiling at me.

Dab it! Thank God!

Every time my stepmom spoke to my dad, he would always listen to her, it was so obvious that he loved her so much.

Get you a man like my dad!

"Be back before 10:00 pm." My dad instructed.

"Sweetheart take your time, and be back by 10:30 pm, okay?" My dad gave her a 'see this woman o' look, I couldn't explain the way I felt.