Chapter 32

OLIVIA'S POV

"...So the answer is 3x, and that's if you're gonna be using the trigonometric theory." I explained, scribbling down the answer on the notebook in front of me.

I was tutoring Jayden in the school library. We are sat side by side on a single chair each, a bookshelf erected beside us loaded with books. The library was almost empty, because more than half of the school had gone home, leaving myself and Jayden, who has surprisingly been getting along with me.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it now." He agreed, nodding mindlessly.

Studying him, I noticed he wasn't paying attention, "What did I say?" I baited.

He scratched the back of his neck before answering, "You said something about the trigonometric stuff."

"Pay attention!" I exclaimed, slapping his cheek playfully.

"Pay attention," He mimicked, "you sound like my mom." He chuckled, making me join in. "I love your dimples, this is the first time I'm actually noticing them." He admired, making me freeze and literally choke on my breath.

Thank sweet Jesus I wasn't white.

"You must have been blind this entire time," I jeered, rolling my eyes.

"Hell yeah, I'm blind. Blind in love with you and you alone." He confessed, sitting up on the chair and then fixing his gaze on me.

I knew he was doing this to boil my skin so I'll be damn intoxicated and look at him, so I place my left palm over his eyes, "Stop staring, douchebag." I scorned.

He shoved my palm off his eyes and cried in frustration, "Come on! If you don't wanna love me, at least let me look at you."

I looked at him and his eyes were begging to worship me, they were ransacking mine. His gaze upon mine was like a woman who lost something so precious and would do anything to get it back.

I wish I never looked at him but he was fuckin' intoxicating and beautiful.

The need to get away from him washes over me but instead, I found us maintaining the heated gaze and for some reason my heartbeat began to accelerate.

Once, he looked away from me, "I'm sorry." He apologized, and just like the gaze had been timed his phone which rested on the table, rang.

Incoming call: Young Bae💕

He snatched the phone from the table, and answers the call. "Hey mom,"

Silence.

"No. But I'll drop by and say 'hi' to her." He answered, not failing to roll his eyes.

Silence.

Prolonged silence.

He scrunched his face before saying, "Mom, please. I'm very busy right now and dropping by to say 'hi' to her isn't one my problems-" Silence. Soon, he flared, "Mom, why are you so obsessed with her family?"

As he and his mother bickered over the phone, I sat there, not only watching but admiring his strongly defined facial features; from his jawline which was carefully carved to his almost red lips, up to his dark thick coily hair, his eyelashes, his bicep...

He was a god!

What's wrong with you? You're suppose to be thinking of ways to get him out of your life.

Was I inlove with Jayden?

No!

I was not!