Chapter 44

~New Beginining~

What happens in the past, stays in the past.
      -Jayden Coker

JAYDEN'S POV

Beep beep beep.

The irritating sound of my alarm clock dragged me out of my dream world, I woke up with a little bit of blurry vision, trying to study my environment, trying to figure out why I have two chicks on my bed—one on my left and right hand side. Beautiful shades of melanin, baby faces, just they way I like them.

My phone rang and it startled me. I lifted my left arm that was wrapped around the girl on my left hand side, and I stretched to get my latest IPhone that laid alongside my diamond neck chains and my Rolex wrist watch.

I checked the caller ID and a smirk finds its way to my lips. My sister.

"Hey sist!" I said whilst trying to sit up on the bed and massaging my forehead.

"What's the time?" She slightly yelled.

"So clock no dey una house, abi?" I teased her.

"Are you serious right now?" She sounded frustrated, her kids were probably giving her trouble.

"Err..." I took my phone off my ear and I checked the time that displayed on the upper right corner of the phone. "....the time is 10:02am, why?" I asked.

"It's Kimberly's birthday and you're suppose to be here with the Minie Mouse and Dora the explorer thingy.....I wouldn't want her fifth birthday to turn sour!" She reminded.

"Baby girl, I swear....I thought you were joking when you said I was gonna be the fun of her party." I said, fully out of bed, looking for a shirt to put on, since I had been laying bare chested.

"She's your fav, and she's been putting up a sad face since morning. I've been trying to convince and tell her that 'She's a big girl and her uncle is gonna be here with all the fun' but she's having a--"

"I'll never disappoint my favourite niece, tell her I'll be there in..." I take a look at the alarm clock. "....let's say twenty minutes." I finally said as I put on my shoes.

"Please don't disappoint her, you know how much of a cry baby she can be." She said in pleading tone.

"I've heard." I assured her before I hung up.

I dressed up in less than two minutes and I woke the girls up. They both woke up with sleepy eyes, worn out lipsticks, messed up hair and every other morning shii you can think about.

"Here." I threw them a bundle of ₦1000 naira notes each. I really didn't count how much naira notes each bundle contained, but I was sure it was up to N200,000 each.

"You have your pay, right?" I gave them my stern face.

"Ummm...chill tiger!" The darker one rolled her eyes at me.

"I don't wanna see ya both here when I get back" I gave them a warning and I exited the room.

*    *    *    *

I turned the key in the ignition and engine of my black Rolls Royce roared to life, the security man opened the gate and I drove off, into the city of Lasgidi.

My phone rang again and I take a deep breath of frustration, before reaching out and picking up the call.

"What?!" I snapped.