Chapter 42

Look who updated. Me!!!

-

OLIVA'S POV

"Hola," Chris's greeted from behind me, his masculine voice brushing pass my ear

"You startled me." I said, placing my right palm on my chest.

"Sorry." He apologized, grinning victoriously.

"Hey Chris." Uzor acknowledged, making Chris wave in response.

"So this is where you people hide, abi?" He joked.

"This WAEC dey tear my head. My brain dey burn faa" Timini complained, earning a frown from me.

"Take your negative vibe to one corner." Chris waded off, dipping his hand into his backpack, searching for something.

"Y'all leave my baby alone. I mean look at him, he's stressed." Uzor pouted, cupping one of Timini cheeks in one of her palm.

"Don't mind them jare." He hissed, "Thank God mathematics is gone." Timini prayed out.

"Guy," Chris called Timini, sharing a sort of eye signal with him. Timini stood up from were he sat, and walked to go meet Chris, slowly they both exited our presence.

Myself and Uzor continued to read in silence, until she broke it. "So...tell me, what are you wearing to prom?" She asked, excitement lacing her tone.

"I really don't know, it all depends on what Jayden gets me." I shrugged, placing my attention back on the notebook which rested on my thighs.

"Ehen? Okay o." She mumbled.

"That reminds me," She said, tapping my thigh, "Your boo was in a very high intimate setting with Queen Lillian on Saturday, you needed to have seen them. Why you no show for the party sef?" She gestured with her body, as she dished out the juicy details--to her, and heartbreaking to me.

"That one didn't upset me oh, the one that pained me was when they left the party and went outside the club then madam Lillian came back into the club with loose hair, smeared makeup, loosened button, she--"

"Uzor, please." I almost yelled, holding my palm up in the air, shutting her up. "And so what? Where you there? Did you follow them?" I snapped, trying not to look affected by what she had just said.

"No o! I just want you to know, so that you won't think you're all perfect." She scorned.

"All perfect?" I repeated, blinking unbelievably. "I don't remember saying I was all perfect." I closed the book on my thighs, now placing my focus on her.

"You don't need to say it. Action speaks louder than words, you're always acting like you're better than everybody that has ever dated before." She snarled

"Uzor!" I exclaimed, puzzled.

"What?!" She barked. "Is it not true? Just because you're dating Mr Coker's son, 'the school owner's son'..." She made air quote with her fingers, emphasising on the 'school owner's son'. "...You're now feeling fly, you're now acting like every other guy is trash, including Chris that'll do anything for you." She spat, irking me with every word.